julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Me 'n Mia Wallace

About every four or five weeks, I look like Mrs. Mia Wallace for a few hours.

Well, not exactly. But I feel like her.

That's when Kat does my hair so it looks almost exactly like Uma Thurman's in Pulp Fiction (I can never get it as perfectly smooth and shiny as Kat does). And then I get my Mrs. Mia Wallace manicure from Sarah (officially Uma is wearing Chanel's Vamp, but I'll settle for Essie's Wicked at a fraction of the price).

I know where I can get a $5 milkshake around here, but I don't think I'll be winning any twist contests tonight. Where's my Vincent Vega when I need him?

(Yeah, I know this is a lame post. Basically this post is an excuse to watch a favorite video clip again, but my hair really does look this good. And so do my nails.)





Photo from the NY Times Dining & Wine section.

9 comments:

Red Shoes April 6, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

Ooh, I knew you reminded me of some glamorous movie dame. Now I know who!

Elizabeth Brinton April 6, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Yeah, you do look that good.
E

tangobaby April 7, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Hi Red Shoes,

Well, I'm usually shooting for Louise Brooks, but I'll be happy with either one.

xo

Hi Elizabeth,

I think I need to call you whenever I need a little pick-me-up!

I squeaked another day out of my hair so tomorrow I will return to my regularly scheduled appearance.

;-)

paris parfait April 7, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

I just think you should post a photo of your glorious hair and nails, rather than of Uma Thurman. :) xo

tangobaby April 7, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Hi Paris Parfait,

I'll show you in person. ;-)

Relyn Lawson April 7, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Not a lame post. And, I thought more Louise Brooks before I read your comment. Too bad I can't be Greta Garbo.

tangobaby April 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Dear Relyn,

No, technically you are 100% correct. My hair is a true Louise Brooks bob. But I did get the dark mani/pedi (my usual) and I was trying to sneak in a Pulp Fiction video just to tie it all together.

I try to have my posts make a teeny bit of sense before I publish them.

It doesn't always work out.

;-)

Greg April 9, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

hey there is no shame in re-showing an awesome clip like this..it's a tribute to goddard and bande a parte when the main characters do the Madison...apparently Goddard was like "hey that's nice but send me a check next time"

gsd

tangobaby April 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

Greg,

I am so embarrassed to admit that I know all of Pulp Fiction is derivative of other films, and I know none of what it's taken from. I hate to say that I still haven't seen Breathless.

I have Breathless at home, maybe I'll watch that first and then get Bande à part. Or find that clip on youtube?