julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Springtime in San Francisco

Sunday in San Francisco was one of those days where the only way I could have taken a bad photo was if I had left the lens cap on my camera when I clicked the shutter button.

I spent hours in Golden Gate Park--my neighborhood park--enraptured with the nature exploding around me. I drained an entire camera battery on photos.

I compiled my first slideshow, and yeah, it's kinda cheesy and would be great filler for a local public access tv station, but see what you think of my ever first youtube video.



A few more photos to enjoy, but you can find the rest (and more that didn't make it into the video) here.



12 comments:

Anonymous April 1, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

Thank you, tb for starting my morning with a wonderful virtual trip through Golden Gate Park. Cat Stevens is the perfect choice for your beautiful images. The photo of the red pagoda is gorgeous!

Anonymous April 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

That's beautiful! Now I miss San Francisco :-)

PhantomMinuet April 1, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

What beautiful photos!

Psyche April 2, 2008 at 12:25 AM  

Such beautiful blossom!

Anonymous April 2, 2008 at 1:54 AM  

Nice! Love the red building with light streaming across it.

Red Shoes April 2, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Ohh...now I have to go visit the Japanese Tea Garden. Haven't been there since last spring!

tangobaby April 2, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

Hi dutchbaby,

I knew you would appreciate the Cat Stevens, especially.

;-)

Hola Tina,

Please come back anytime! I will tell the flowers to wait for you.

Hi Phantomminuet,

Welcome back, and thank you for the compliment. I was just along for the ride...it was the day and the camera that did the work.

I'll have to visit you and see what kind of hats you've been wearing lately.

Hi Psyche,

And they smelled wonderful too!

Hi Christie,

That pagoda is quite spectacular in person. I just learned the our tea garden is the oldest one in the US.

Hi Red Shoes,

Just say the word and I will join you!

xo

paris parfait April 3, 2008 at 4:17 AM  

Oh it is wonderful! And now I'm so homesick for the Japanese Tea Garden in all its glory. Thanks for this. (I can see one brief trip won't be enough to assuage my misery - am working on a second toute de suite!) xoxox

tangobaby April 3, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Dear Paris Parfait,

I will tell the blossoms to wait for you. But anytime you come, it will be perfect.

;-)

msHedgehog April 3, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Oooooo I like the butterfly best. It's fabulous. The colours and textures! The butterfly and the plastic flower! And it's not easy to photograph a butterfly, they're so little.

tangobaby April 3, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Thank you, Ms. Hedgehog.

I am in love my my macro lens! Seeing a butterfly that close was like being a butterfly myself.

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

awwwwww..it isn't cheesy! not one bit! it is beautiful! that must have been a day or delight and wonder at teh world :) these photos make me think about spring and how fresh and clean everything is...high/late summer is a very different kind of song...what music would you pick for august in san francisco?
XO