julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

"To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain." ~ Louis L'Amour

***


Today is the day of sitting on pins and needles. Checking polls. Feeling full of anticipation.
It's been a wild ride, hasn't it? I think we have learned a lot about ourselves and our country, if we cared to. Some of it disheartening and some of it very encouraging. But a place to move forward from, nonetheless.

I wish you all an election day full of promise.
The sun is shining here in San Francisco. People are proudly wearing their "I Voted" stickers on the train this morning. I am wearing a blue dress.

There's not much more to do but wait. But it's nice to know that I'm waiting in such good company... and with you, too. Happy Election Day, America.

Happy Election Day, dear blogging friends.

13 comments:

Red Shoes November 4, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

A friend in Ireland told me this morning that his friends plan to stay up all night watching our election results come in. Eeps! Everyone is watching us!

Elizabeth Brinton November 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

I did it Tangobaby. But I wore red, my favorite color...just can't give it to them guys.
XOXO
fingers crossed, in hope, in fear, in excitement.
E

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

The whole world is watching! I think this one will make history like no other.

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Happy Election Day Tangobaby!
May the force be with us!!
xox
Constance

paris parfait November 4, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Yes, we are all watching from afar, waiting and hoping for President Obama. xoxox

Nancy Ewart November 4, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

I got out early and was heartened by the spirit of determination on every face in the place. We all know how much is riding on this election. I'm not much of a public party person but if Obama wins, I'll be out in the street, crying with joy and filled with more optimism than I've felt in ages. Let him win and let there also be a Democratic majority in the house that's far sighed, principled and ethical. This election is not just for us but for our future. When I think of that future, I see the tiny innocent face of "the Peach" and want to leave her a better world than the one she came in.

America- Walt Whitman
Centre of equal daughters, equal sons,
All, all alike endear'd, grown, ungrown, young or old,
Strong, ample, fair, enduring, capable, rich,
Perennial with the Earth, with Freedom, Law and Love,
A grand, sane, towering, seated Mother,
Chair'd in the adamant of Time.

Anonymous November 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

I wore red, and did my civic duty. I voted for McCain & Palin!

Gill November 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

Oh wow, and world citizens too have their fingers crossed for a new future. Obama would be nice I think!
I am happy you stopped by my blog to comment, thanks so much!
I think it drives a lot of Canadians nuts that we can't vote. We are such close neighbours and feel really drawn to this race as well.
xoxo

Gill November 4, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

I'm just wondering why the person who commented here didn't put their name on the comment. Shouldn't they be proud of the party they voted for?
Just curious.

msHedgehog November 4, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Good luck, darling!

I'll listen to as much as I can before going to sleep.

You do have the most extraordinarily strong candidate, I think. A VERY good brain, and an attractive person and personality.

xxxx

Relyn Lawson November 4, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

I'm wearing my "I voted" sticker. Have been since 7:30 this morning.

will November 4, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

YESS!

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 6:11 AM  

as the sister of kath, the future vice president, i want to know if i bring wine, can i come visit you two at the white house. yay everyone in america today. canadians shed tears with you last night. xoxo