julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Cupcake and a Very Happy Birthday to My Crush, Joe

"I was in the Oval Office the other day, and the President asked me what I would do about resignations. I said, 'Look, Mr. President, would I keep Rumsfeld? Absolutely not.' And I turned to Vice President Cheney, who was there, and I said, 'Mr. Vice President, I wouldn't keep you if it weren't constitutionally required.'

I turned back to the President and said, 'Mr. President, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are bright guys, really patriotic, but they've been dead wrong on every major piece of advice they've given you. That's why I'd get rid of them, Mr. President---not just Abu Ghraib.' They said nothing. Just sat there like big old bullfrogs on a log and looked at me." ~ Joe Biden, Rolling Stone interview, June 2004

***

Fucking A. That's my Veep. And he's a Scorpio!

d i a n a m u s e, we should be celebrating together. Red Velvet cupcake, anyone? Happy Happy Birthday, Joe.

ps.: Cupcake photo swiped from that leftist liberal rag, the New York Times. Hey, at least they give you the recipe. Aw hell, I got the Biden photo there, too. I'm so transparent. (I read the International Herald Tribune sometimes too. But not The Economist. No one reads that except for Sarah Palin.)

14 comments:

paris parfait November 20, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

Yes, Happy Birthday to Joe! I'm thrilled he's our next vice president! xo

Amanda November 20, 2008 at 4:37 AM  

Mmmm, that cupcake looks absolutely delish! Happy Day!

Red Shoes November 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Red velvet cake is maybe my favorite thing in the world. In fact it may have something to do with why I'm *not* very transparent!

julochka November 20, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

the IHT IS the NYT. it used to also be the Boston Globe, but they bought them out a couple of years ago...just never seen any recipes there... :-(

aren't there too many big words in the economist for SP? and she never actually named it, did she?

love the excerpt of the interview...do you suppose he really said that? i would actually believe it.

Dutchbaby November 20, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

I've always been a big fan of Joe's. So intelligent, so outspoken, so right (as in accurate, not leanings).

I'm relieved to learn that proper red velvet cake uses more cocoa than red dye number 2. I might actually indulge again. Maybe my daughter will make one for us :)

As for The Economist, we read it for the economic news and forecasts mostly, but I also like to read about the other side's perspective. You know what they say: "Know thy enemy". I even try to watch Fox once in a while. I have a contest with myself to see how long it takes before I ralph.

Blue Sky Dreaming November 20, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

I have an even deeper appreciation for Joe Biden and a fellow Scorpio too...wow! Your nieces are so pretty...my mother-in-law would say a sheyn ponem! (what a pretty face!!)Best Thanksgiving wishes from Santa Cruz,

Gill November 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Happy Birthday to sweetheart Joe! What a great guy.
xox

Vanessa November 20, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

I heart Joe Biden!

Vanessa November 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Oh and I so love The Economist. Give it a chance!

christina November 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Now that just makes my day!

Happy Birthday, sexy Joe!

I love cupcakes. : )

Yoli November 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

Oh, get me a chair, let me sit down! He is a Scorpio too!!! Oh his sexy meter just shot up sky high!

Alessandra Cave November 20, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

Big Smile! You political girls crack me up! :) I mean, you and Tara-misu!
xox

A Cuban In London November 21, 2008 at 2:30 AM  

Happpy Birthday Joe! From United Scorpios of the World :-)!

Greetings from London.

tangobaby November 21, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Thank you for all joining me in a little virtual cupcaking and birthday wishing activity!

Just think how we'll blow the roof off when it's Obama's birthday! Cupcakes will NOT be sufficient!

xoxo