julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Take the Douchebag Tour of San Francisco


Oh thank goodness that Bill O'Reilly had the guts to expose the truth about San Francisco to the world. Here I thought that this city was chock full of culture, with a fascinating and diverse population, a unique and colorful history, and amazing architecture, parks and views. Not to mention great shopping, a veritable foodie heaven and the "little cable cars that travel halfway to the stars."

No no no. Watch this video and see how snookered I've been living here. Again, I'm so grateful that Bill and FOX had the courage to air this piece. Even though Bill apparently associated the famous neighborhood of North Beach (where Coit Tower, City Lights Books, a vibrant Italian community and where the Beat Generation made its home) in the Tenderloin, now I know I live in San Fran Freakazoid-Trannytown.



Tell me that people who watch this show are secretly snickering that this blowhard is still the host of "Inside Edition" who got an extremely lucky career break. Either that, or he's doing a great service to our fair city, keeping his mindless flock with their embroidered fanny packs out of our cool town.

(Just so you know, I promise this will be the first and last time this a-hole gets a nod on my blog.)

ps.: If you've never laughed your ass off at some mercilessly embarrassing tourist photos at Fanny Pack Antics, then you are really missing something quite special. White tennis shoe wearers UNITE!

UPDATE: In response to Tara's comment, I've added a link to a segment from the documentary Outfoxed. This portion with Douchbag O'Reilly verbally assaulting a guest is one of the most powerful of the film. If you haven't seen Outfoxed (I own a copy but there are clips available online), you should.

9 comments:

Red Shoes November 19, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Tee hee. I saw this earlier today and couldn't decide whether to be offended. I settled on amused.

tangobaby November 19, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

LOL. You caught me blogging when I told you I was washing my underwear.

I've decided that I'm still having my war against stupid people. So I don't think I'm offended or amused. I'm imperious.

And now I really am going to do my laundry.

I'm SO glad YOU live here, too!

will November 19, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Well, that tears it. Even when flying I'm going to tell the pilot to not fly over or near SF. Will holy water work to keep the druggies and millions of scumbags from pestering me if I accidently show-up in SF.

OMG! ThInk of the children!!

Oh thank you Bill O'Reilly you've just saved countless people the horrors of it all, Thank you Bill, thank you and bless you, you wonderful and compassionate human being.

WTF!

Nancy Ewart November 19, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Old Bill never met a fact that he couldn't twist in the service of his right-wing agenda. Why bother with any truth or any subset of truth when you can scream, rant, rage, blow hard and foam at the mouth? Kind of sounds like another Nazi fascist whose initials are A.H.
I'm glad I missed this!

tangobaby November 19, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Dammit, Bill. And I was *this* close to talking you into coming here for the Noir Festival. I'm fairly sure you'd be instantly transgendered if you went to the Castro Theatre with me to see the Sweet Smell of Success.

Dammit. FOX News spoils all of my nefarious plans.

@namastenancy: Actually, Red Shoes is correct. You should watch the clip. It's funny. He's such a freaking loser. And you and I should definitely hit North Beach soon since that's where we can get really messed up. Latte, anyone? How about some poetry? LMAO.

Nancy Ewart November 19, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

E-mail me with your schedule and I'll be there in a flash!

paris parfait November 20, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

When are the Republicans going to figure out by letting the right-wing fringe element of their party talk all the time (rather than the reasonable ones and there are quite a few), they're insuring their stay in the wilderness??!! What happened to the Republican party and why does O'Reilly even have a place on the airwaves??!! It annoys me the amount of damage Rupert Murdoch has done to America's (and Britain's) media.

julochka November 20, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

seriously, i hope that asshole didn't feel safe in SF...i would think that the REAL people who live there would drive him out!!! and there i go, swearing on your blog...

did you see o'reilly on the daily show last week? it was actually a really good conversation he had with jon stewart, who i believe wanted to strangle him a couple of times.

it's good to know what the enemy is saying...must go check out the link to outfoxed. :-)

tangobaby November 21, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

@namastenancy: I will give you some dates asap!

@paris parfait: I think a few of them are figuring it out. It's just a matter of whether their voices will be allowed to be heard. Did you read Kathleen Parker's column this week in the Washington Post? She pretty much lays it on the line for the GOP but pretty soon she'll need to start wearing a flak jacket to work.

Personally, I'd rather watch them eat their own for a while.

@julochka: O'Reilly sent his "producer" to make his little propaganda travelogue. I'm sure he wants no reason to leave his fancy digs in NYC to come out here. And yes, I did see him on the Daily Show. I have to give Jon Stewart a lot of credit. He must have an extremely strong stomach.

If you watch Outfoxed, let me know.