julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Comedy for Free


By watching this clip (you can even fast forward to 2:46), you'll see the encapsulated version of the Kevin Pollak comedy routine that I sat through on Friday night at Cobb's--for free. This routine is pretty much verbatim.

I have just saved you $35.00 for the ticket, $15.00 to satisfy the two-drink minimum (one Cosmo and then a Cherry Coke), and another $20.00 for the appetizer plate and chocolate sundae. And then another $15.00 for cab fare home.

Now, I ask you, was it worth it?

I love a good Christopher Walken impersonation, don't get me wrong. And Shatner, to be sure. That's why I went in the first place.

But knowing I could have saved about $100 and seen the best part of an average comedy routine on Youtube for free...all I can hope for now is that you benefit from my experience. Don't even get the DVD. Just go to Youtube (until the clip is pulled due to copyright infringement.)

3 comments:

miss tango September 24, 2007 at 11:26 AM  

They still make cherry cokes? Or is this an alcoholic beverage?

Anonymous September 24, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

i clicked on "play", and then went into the kitchen for pour myself some more coffee. i really thought it was christopher walken!!

tangobaby September 26, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

Miss Tango,

The cherry coke was odd. I think it was half coke and half maraschino cherry juice. I didn't finish it, that's for sure!

Nuit,

It's odd when the person who's impersonating someone is more like the person than the REAL person is. He was really funny, though. The interesting part was that his William Shatner impersonation (which he did at the end of the show) has a slight twinge of Walken to it, too.

Now we should all go through and list all of our favorite Christopher Walken moments (in our copious spare time, of course)...anyone game?