julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, September 17, 2007

Well, Oprah Has One, So Why Can't I?

A Book Club, that is!

My blog has opened so many doors (and windows) for me, in a remarkably short period of time.

One of the delights of this experience has been to communicate with the gifted Johanna Siegmann, an accomplished dancer and author. I'm sure many of you already know who Johanna is.

I've been reading her book, The Tao of Tango. I love it, plain and simple. This is the kind of book you want to read, and then read again. It's also the kind of book that makes you want to have someone else to share it with, to discuss the concepts and inspire conversation.

So, will you be in my book club? Johanna has said that she will be adding her voice to the conversation, so what could be more perfect than that?! I think we should christen our virtual literary salon "The Tao of Tango Book Club."

If you are interested, send me an email or write back in the comments section. The Tao of Tango is available through Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, and Borders.com. Let's give you all till November 1 to order your book, and we'll start our first discussion shortly thereafter.

Looking forward to reading and sharing with you!

15 comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2007 at 12:31 PM  

This is soooo exciting!! Well, for me - and clearly you, Tangobaby - anyway. I'd also like to mention that the books is available directly from the publisher (www.Trafford.com), and there is a discount on orders of 10 books or more.

Shamelssly pluggung. Sorry. Looking forward to diacussing and dicecting with y'all...

Eva September 17, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

This is wonderful! I just started reading this book and loving it so far. Will definitely be back with some questions.

Anonymous September 17, 2007 at 7:38 PM  

i'll order it right now!

besos,
nuit.

Colbay September 18, 2007 at 1:38 AM  

I want in :) I'll order it shortly... psyched!

tangobaby September 18, 2007 at 9:13 AM  

Yay! That's all I have to say on the matter right now! So glad you'll be reading along with me.

Maria September 18, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

I also just ordered it, dear Tango Baby... can only trust your recommendation!!! :D

tangobaby September 19, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

Thank you, La Tanguera! ;-)

Red Shoes September 19, 2007 at 10:19 AM  

Oh my...I'd like to. I'll order it soon.

Anonymous September 20, 2007 at 1:43 AM  

amazon's estimated date of arrival: oct. 5th. grrr....

Anonymous September 20, 2007 at 3:26 PM  

I've started on another book that I'm enjoying, so will have to read it at a later time :-( But I morally support your book club. :-)
I will provide belated commentary when I read the Tao of Tango. I've been very curious about it!

studio wellspring September 21, 2007 at 11:05 AM  

is anyone welcome to join in the bookclub? i'd love to read this & discuss too. i'm starting tango lessons in october & can't wait. yes, tangobaby you're my inspiration! :o)

tangobaby September 21, 2007 at 11:18 AM  

Welcome Ms. Wellspring! Of course you can be in our bookclub. Another local tanguera, hooray!

You should email me offline...I just took a look at your site, it's lovely. I work for an interior design firm here downtown...very very small world, is it not.

We all look forward to your contributions and your thoughts as you enter our much beloved world of Tango! Bienvenue!

Anonymous October 3, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

just got the book! started reading it as soon as i ripped off the packaging!

Elizabeth Brinton October 16, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

I am giving the book a second reading. I read it when I was a wee baby tanguera, just taking baby steps...It means more to me now, and I am very interested in the discussion, so count me in.

tangobaby October 17, 2007 at 5:04 AM  

That's great, Elizabeth! We'll be glad to hear from you soon.

;-)