julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Mad Hatteress

It's midnight, I can't sleep, and for some reason, I feel compelled to buy a hat.

Caterpillar: Who are YOU?
Alice: This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.


Help me choose which hat to buy so I can go back to sleep, or go down the rabbit hole.

7 comments:

Anonymous September 6, 2007 at 6:40 AM  

dorcas wensell the second!!

or fall in the park!

tangobaby September 7, 2007 at 12:15 AM  

Ah Nuit,

I think the Dorcas is your hat!

I may have to start with a little cloche and work my way up to something a little more dramatic. I am considering the Lena Horne, too.

Fall in the Park is adorable, but somehow I still can't see a beret without thinking of Monica Lewinsky. I guess I should be over that whole thing by now, but I can't imagine I'm the only one. I have a little black Persian lamb beret that sits mournfully on my dresser because it makes me feel like a White House intern when I wear it.

Thank you for your vote through the looking glass.

miss tango September 7, 2007 at 6:15 AM  

Purchase Gypsy, technically you could wear it to Tango in.

tangobaby September 7, 2007 at 9:57 AM  

I thought about Gypsy, too! I am in a quandary now. There are too many that I like now so it is making me terribly indecisive. Thank you for your vote!

Anonymous September 7, 2007 at 11:04 AM  

ooohh... look at the subtle peacock on the fabric of the gypsy! i love peacock.

i can totally see you in a cloche, your enormous eyes peeping out from under. :)

the flapper showstopper would look divine on a brunette, as black on black. (on lighter hair, it might be too costumy.)

Anonymous September 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

ew. monica lewinsky. :-o

exorcise her by thinking anna karina, my dear...!

http://i15.tinypic.com/5xfuhlk.jpg

tangobaby September 7, 2007 at 11:49 AM  

I am paralyzed with indecision now.

But thank you for exorcising the spirit of Monica for the present moment.

I could also consider Faye Dunaway, who looks like a sultry angel in her beret:

http://www.dfi.dk/NR/rdonlyres/E25184F0-5A4F-4DFB-BAB2-25651813E518/0/bonnie.jpg