julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Tribute to Busby Berkeley?

Besides all the other amazing accomplishments and talents that my buddy Johanna has to her credit (dancer, author, director, wise woman, kitty helper, etc.), you may want to know that she is an incredible photographer and has finally started uploading her photos to flickr. (Yay.)

I've been cracking up all morning about these piggies. I don't know exactly why these photos are making me crazy, but true to form, I have been inspired to make yet another movie comparison: the fantastical extravaganzas of the Busby Berkeley musicals.

Perhaps it is the quarter that reminds me of this crazy (and crazy famous) number with Ginger Rogers in the blessed pre-Code days of Hollywood:



Ah! And the clip has PIG LATIN in it! Damn, I'm good.

***

ps. If you haven't seen The Gold Diggers of 1933, you should.

pps. If you want to see more piggies, go here.

7 comments:

La Tanguerita July 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

AAAAA! Love the piggies!!:-)

tangobaby July 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

I know, I know. Aren't they fabulous? Johanna is a funny genius.

Anonymous July 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

A funny genius? I love THAT!

Phyllis Hunt McGowan July 22, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

I quite like pigs. I like that picture.
And any post of yours that has the line "if you haven't seen..." is sure to be an enlightening thing. You always have good recommendations.

tangobaby July 22, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Johanna,

But you *are*. To me you are funny AND a genius, so I just put them together.

Hi TheElementary,

I'm glad you are taking my recommendations the right way. I can be very bossy. (But I know what I am talking about.)

I might have to go back and look at the piggies again now. I think that's a good way to start the day.

Anonymous July 23, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

hahaha, the pig latin cracked me up. first in the video and then below when you realized it, so cute. lol

tangobaby July 25, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Hi sarah,

You could just feel how happy with myself I was, couldn't you! Isn't that just the wackiest little clip?

What was the pig latin supposed to mean anyway?