julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Fantastical Whimsical Wonderful Tea Party

Okay, kids, here is the tea party update.

It was a typical San Francisco summer morning (i.e., totally freezing, grey skies, windy, wear-your-coat weather) but the climate inside the exotic and serene Samovar Tea Lounge couldn't have been warmer and sunnier.

Lovely Gypsy Girl and brilliant Paris Parfait assembled a list of ladies that have inspired, enchanted and basically wow'ed the heck out of me. (I kind of felt like a slacker compared to them, but in a good way, like a "wow, I want to be like you when I grow up" role model kind of way.)

Normally I would give you a blow-by-blow account of the food, but in this case, the tea and treats were barely noticed by yours truly given the female wonderment that was seated all around me.

I have to say, these women, all accomplished artists, writers, thinkers and possibilitarians made me realize the power of dreams realized and talent recognized. Several are having books published or already have. Some have had successful art gallery exhibitions or have photography projects in the works. Several are world travelers and adventuresses.

All are bright, captivating and made me realize that our tea time was just a tiny drop in the barrel compared with what might be if we had hours, days to spend together.

So in the meantime, you and I will have to visit their blogs together, and hope that some of us may gather again in the not-so-distant future. In the meantime, I'll be going back to read these blogs so now I can attach wonderful words, art and heart with the smiling faces of today.

***



Image of vintage tea postcard found here.

11 comments:

susanlavonne July 20, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

You've so elegantly penned my own sentiments of the FWWTP that my own blog entry will be "San Francisco Tea: see Tangobaby."
(With one exception: I did notice the yummy scones but after that the remaining courses are a blur)

Relyn Lawson July 20, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

You've already given us the lovely Gypsy Girl, whose blog I adore. Now look at all the lovlies we get to meet. You are the kind of friend who always knows just who to introduce the shy girl to and how to keep the conversation going. Gotta run. Lots of blogs to visit.

julochka July 21, 2008 at 2:40 AM  

possibilitarians--what a fantastic word! i'm going to try to be one all week!

christina July 21, 2008 at 6:09 AM  

Sounds like you had a beautiful time : ) I would love to visit the new blogs you have shared with us.

Liz July 21, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

such a special moment in time... my sentiments are shared completely. Here's to more tea parties with ever more beautiful, accomplished, talented and fabulous women... and such a huge pleasure to meet you and all the other possibilitarians
xoL

studio wellspring July 21, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

thanks for the update on this lovely gathering of briliance. i'm so sorry to have missed it.

tangobaby July 21, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Hi Sooz,

It was great to sit across from you and chat about Paris and sure, if you want to link to me, I'll be thrilled.

It was great to meet you and I hope Odette can come to your school someday! What a serendipitous exchange!

Hi Relyn,

You're gonna love these ladies. I might never see you back here again. But I know where I might find you.

;-)

Hi Julochka,

That particular term "Possibilitarian" comes from Ms. Kelly Rae, which you'll find on her blog:

http://kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com/

althoug everyone there seemed to fit that description perfectly.

Hi christina,

I know you'll enjoy all of them...and thanks again for your insights this morning!

Hi Liz,

Come on over on the ferry anytime. It would be great to hang out with you more, especially if there's no time limit! I loved seeing your art in person. You're so talented!

Hi Ms. Wellspring,

I'm sure we'll want to do it again, especially since we've got several locals, so don't worry. You'll be ther next time.

Anonymous July 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

i am yet to go through the list of attendants but i'm very excited to 'blogmeet' them. but you just amuse me so well. silent films and tea parties. you're just cool.

tangobaby July 25, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Thank you, sarah. I like being amusing! Hooray!

paris parfait July 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Oh it was fabulous, wasn't it? You have described it perfectly and your sparkling presence was a wonderful treat! xoxox

tangobaby July 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Dear paris parfait,

I think our next tea & scone/chocolate chaud party should be at Angelina. What do you think?

;-)