julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, October 2, 2009

What a rush!

Here's what happens on the day you get written up in the newspaper:

You scrounge for quarters! Where did all my quarters go?

You visit all three newspaper vending machines on the corner near your house and buy a paper from each one.

Just because you can.

You also buy papers from news sellers around town and have them pose for you.

You hang out in the local cafe/bakery/coffee shop and read your article and look around to see if anyone else is doing the same. (Delicious bialy from Arizmendi's... yummmmy!)

And you make other people take pictures of you with "your" newspaper.

***

Guys, you're all awesome. I know you'll believe me when I tell you that:

1. My inbox is so off-the-hook crazy that it's really exciting. But don't let that stop you from writing/volunteering!
2. I've already spoken with or corresponded with many interesting new people who are ready to be part of i live here:SF
3. I'm not stopping anytime soon!

Keep an eye out for more good things... I'm so thrilled about the possibilities and what I'll be sharing with you soon.

Just so you know, the "director's cut" of the article that Kristin wrote is on her blog, Camels and Chocolate. Kristin is a veteran journalist and world traveler, and not only might you find it interesting to read her article before it got to the Chronicle, but you'll want to bookmark her blog for future reading. Kristin made an appearance on i live here:SF as the Adventuress, and she's certainly brought a lot of adventure to my life.

***

ps.: This has nothing to do with anything, but besides all of my news, this is one of the best weekends in San Francisco and nearby. First of all, the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival starts today, which is beyond awesome.

And if that wasn't enough, the Pacific Pinball Expo in Marin starts today. When I tell you that this is one of the craziest, best ways to spend $25 and an entire day, I am not kidding. I wrote about it here, and believe me, I'll be there again this weekend.

Maybe I'll see you?

***

UPDATE: Thanks again (!) to Brittney at Eye on Blogs, who's always got my back.


11 comments:

will October 2, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Sometimes life's a hoot. Enjoy.

Chipmonkey October 2, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

I find your article being nestled between a doughnut article and a tango article to be particularly appropriate and awesome :) Let's go get some doughnuts! They are the "in" breakfast these days apparently thanks to their inexpensive price. Recession breakfast! I love recession breakfast (and you too!)

xoxox

Adan October 2, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Nice work! I am soooooo proud and excited. Can't wait to see what this brings for you!!

Holly October 2, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Arizmendi! Perfect complement to a taste of famous.

Yoli October 2, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

I am so proud of you!!! Enjoy dear heart!

LoisW October 2, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

Oohhhhh!! This is going to lead to bigger and better things! I feel it! YEAH!!

megan allison October 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Adorable post! It's such a great project, and I was so excited to be a part of it.

Don't waste any precious time or energy on SFGate commenters; together with YouTube commenters and Yelp Talk, they're the internet bottom feeders. You have so much else to contribute to our lucky city!

PS. Sorry I missed you in Arizmendi this morning! The boy and I have decided to cut out the middleman and cohabitate, so I'll be living in sin with boy and bakery starting in November; hope to see you in the 'hood more. :)

xo

urbaNiche October 2, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

congrats...very inspiring!

Camels & Chocolate October 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Oh my gosh, the picture of you holding yourself in the paper is PRECIOUS. I love it! Glad you're getting so much attention ;-)

Sallycat October 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

Dearest TB

As usual I am way behind reading the news. And what brilliant news... hey, I mean, in SF it seems you are the news! ;) Bloody hell girlie, I am soooo excited for you. Do what you love and the world will be yours no?

Hug, SC

Anonymous October 7, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

It is so amazing that all your hardwork has finally paid off!