julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Finding friends in the strangest places.

I totally agree.

***

Normally, I don't give too much thought to what I might read in a bathroom stall, but yesterday I think I found a whole new world of poosibilities to take pictures of. Ladies' toilet stall wizdom. ;-)

Obviously the person who wrote Edith Head gives great wardrobe in the ladies' bathroom at Tosca is someone I should be friends with.

Anyway, I'm sure you can tell this is not a 4th of July post. But since so many people are writing them, then I don't feel obliged to. Last night I went to Tosca to help bid Bon Voyage to a friend (and former colleague and sister layoff-ee) who is going to Scotland to live with her sweetie and start a new life in Glasgow.

We all had a grand time. But for some reason, I ended up holding court in my own little plush patent leather booth in the back, like Tallulah Bankhead, and people kept buying me Kir Royals (or else they kept magically appearing in front of me), but in either case, I kept drinking them. Must have been the blond hair, or the fake leopard fur coat, or both. People patted my hair and my coat.

Next time I'm going to start with Shirley Temples.

Be safe today and don't start any fires. I'm going to put a cold compress on my head.

xoxo

8 comments:

Anonymous July 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Have an amazing weekend!

Adan July 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

beers are always fun!

Just Jules July 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

for me it is always the yucky feeling in my mouth - from what I drank, AND what I probably said! uggg

enjoy, ~J

Mel July 4, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Oh, I sooooo need that on a T-shirt.

:)

Char July 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

it was the blonde hair I'm sure.

feel better honey

Nancy Ewart July 5, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

In your case, OBVIOUSLY, blondes do have more fun.
Until the morning after.
xoxoxoxo

Relyn Lawson July 5, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

You know, I can see it now. A coffee table book of bathroom stall wisdom. The stall wisdom should be on one page and an accompanying (and far more attractive) photo should be on the other. Yep. That would be a cool book.

Laura Doyle July 7, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

I've long thought restroom wisdom should be photographed...I just never have a camera when there's something good to photograph! Sounds like you had a fabulous time...and your hair is blond now? I must have missed something.