julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

But MY Red Velvet Cupcake recipe kicks ass!

And I wasn't invited!

Were you invited to the Board of Supervisors' Baking Throwdown?
What, is someone at City Hall trying to get a show on the Food Network?

You weren't worried about the city budget anymore, were you? I guess that whole budget thing worked out just fine. What were we all so upset about? And they had enough money left in the budget to make that special Cake Cape.

ps.: I'm sorry to sound like such a spoil sport. I'm back on the low carb thing again and it's making me really bitter and hateful of city politics. I even lied about the cupcake recipe: I don't have one. I suspect that this bakeoff is dredging up (flour pun intended) my long-buried childhood pain from never having an E-Z Bake Oven when I was eight... oh, but I digress...

Thanks to Emamd for sharing this little bizarre petit four of SF politics with us right before bedtime. I wonder if anyone wants to accompany me Thursday to Room 256 to see this special event. I'm unemployed so it's not like I have anything pressing to do.

Goodnight, Fog City. May visions of coconut cupcakes and tall angel food cakes fill your dreams tonight, without any calories.

6 comments:

Emamd July 30, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

but ohmygod if you did have a red velvet cupcake recipe you would definitely have to crash and dominate that competition. They might even make you president of the board.

tangobaby July 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM  

Emamd,

I really think you should go tomorrow because you are a real journalist. I'll spot you some corn-cherry scones from Arizmendi to get you in, kinda like a baking disguise.

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

It sounds like you may need that TV after all to get the Food Network.

Mari July 30, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Ooh, I hope you go watch!

affinity July 31, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

SF Mike at Civic Center wrote a lovely post about the bake-off!

http://sfciviccenter.blogspot.com/2009/07/city-hall-bakeoff.html

kath September 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

I never had an easy bake oven either .... I am still pouting about that, even though I've got a real oven and have had quite a few over the years. One time my Mom bought the little bitty cake mixes and pans in some sort of "set" but we had to use the real oven and it wasn't the same at ALL.

hoo boy, you've dredged ;-) that one up out of my depths ....

xo