julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

For Red Shoes...

Welcome to San Francisco!

(cue Tony Bennett)












The loveliness of Paris
Seems somehow sadly gay
The glory that was Rome
Is of another day
I've been terribly alone
And forgotten in Manhattan
I'm going home to my city by the bay.


I left my heart in San Francisco

High on a hill, it calls to me.

To be where little cable cars

Climb halfway to the stars!

The morning fog may chill the air

I don't care!

My love waits there in San Francisco

Above the blue and windy sea

When I come home to you, San Francisco,

Your golden sun will shine for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous August 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM  

oh tango baby,

but still... we'll always, always have paris............

*

tangobaby August 31, 2007 at 9:11 AM  

C'est vrai...j'adore Paris.

Quand vous ne pouvez pas être à Paris, San Francisco est le prochain meilleur endroit (à moi)!

;-)

Red Shoes August 31, 2007 at 11:36 AM  

Why, thank you, dearest Tangobaby! I'm so in love.

tangobaby August 31, 2007 at 2:41 PM  

Dear Red Shoes,

If you're in love now, just wait! It gets better and better.

xo