julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, August 17, 2007

Longing


Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind all human endeavor and human creations.
Albert Einstein


Happiness is the longing for repetition.
Milan Kundera


It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them.
George Eliot

***

I danced the best tandas of my tango life last night. It's very hard to be back in the real world today. I am full of sighs.

Besos to my lovely Thursday tangueros.


***

Please visit http://flickr.com/photos/30377048@N00/ to see Alex Long's beautiful tango photos. His contact info is there too.

3 comments:

Red Shoes August 17, 2007 at 8:39 PM  

Oh, my.

Maria August 19, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

Nice post...!!! Hope you get another bliss soon... and enjoy the effect of this one while it lasts!!! :)

Anonymous August 29, 2007 at 9:52 PM  

we both love kundera!

here is another beautiful one of his, from immortality (or was it the farewell waltz?):

"On the surface, the intelligible lie; underneath, the unintelligible truth."

art and soul. so very tango, don't you think? :)