julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A perfect* day in San Francisco

A slightly foggy, cool Saturday morning.

1. Wake up (always a good thing).
2. Throw on some clothes and go with a friend to Ella's for breakfast.
3. Get parking (!)
4. Share one of the famous sticky buns, chicken sausage benedicts and ricotta pancakes with strawberry sauce. Unbutton top button on pants.
5. As you're leaving, find out in the SF Chron that it's the 85th anniversary of the historic Castro Theatre and all movies are only 25 cents that day.
6. Speed down Divisadero and make it just in time for the 11am show.
7. Get parking (!)
8. Win a baseball cap in the pre-movie trivia contest because you answered the trivia question about Oliver Hardy's nickname (Babe).
9. Watch Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Tweety and Sylvester, and a Tex Avery cartoon.
10. See Way Out West, one of Laurel and Hardy's best films, on the big beautiful screen at the Castro Theatre.
11. Listen to all of the children giggle as you crack up laughing with them. Little kids love Laurel and Hardy.



*After the movie, find out that you got a parking ticket for $35 because the wheels on your car weren't turned into the curb enough as they're supposed to be when you're parked on a 3-percent grade, according to the ticket. (I left my protractor at home.)

So the movie actually cost me $35.50, but it was still a great day in my book.

4 comments:

Red Shoes August 12, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

Sounds wonderful. I wanted to introduce myself...SF tango dancin' girl with a recently-started tango blog. We've probably been to some of the same milongas. So, hello!

SidneyD August 12, 2007 at 10:30 PM  

Marsha and I enjoyed your movie clips of Laurel & Hardy, and Fred and Rita. Great examples of an area that brought such joy and grace. Speaking of grace, the clip of you and your partner was very good!! TangoBaby, you've got talent!

Red Shoes August 13, 2007 at 3:54 PM  

Alas, it wasn't yesterday...that post was about a Sunday a few weeks ago. Perhaps you remember a black-haired lass with a heck of a lot of tattoos from somewhere: that would be me. (Miles has graced me with a matching pseudonym.) Will you be at the park this coming Sunday? I plan on it. :)

Red Shoes August 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM  

I do! I'll even write to you from it. Now-ish.