julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm Off to Babyville

“Unfortunately, many people do not consider fun an important item on their daily agenda. For me, that was always high priority in whatever I was doing.” ~ Chuck Yeager

***

Just kidding. I'm not really flying on the X-1 tomorrow morning. That's just a fantasy remnant from watching and reading The Right Stuff often when I was a kid.

However, it would be super damn cool to go Mach 1 instead of flying coach. There just aren't enough lifetimes, are there?

So I'm off to Little Curly Girl Land and the Kingdom of Incredibly Cute Babydom where, apparently, LCG is going to teach me ballet. So you might not see or hear from me for a few days (except for the book drawing--I'll find a way), but that doesn't mean I don't love you.

Catch you on the other side of the sound barrier.

13 comments:

A Cuban In London November 14, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

Hey, have fun, loads of fun! :-D

Greetings from London.

Molly November 14, 2008 at 3:19 AM  

The Right Stuff.
One of my alltime best movies Ev-eR.
Ah, Sam Shepard ... drool ...
Have a lovely little curly girlie baby time!

Anonymous November 14, 2008 at 7:13 AM  

haha, this was a great post tangobaby! enjoy the pli'e-ing and curtsying about the babydom kingdom. and God bless Chuck Yeager lol

Sarah P. Miller November 14, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

And here I thought this was your way of announcing a pregnancy...

HAVE FUN! Is there anything in the world better than being an auntie? (You can't see me, but I stepped away from the computer for a second to jump up and down in ecstatic, wholehearted joy.)

Alessandra Cave November 14, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

Enjoy, Tango girly! What cuteness!!! xoxxo

Gill November 14, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

LCG needs some Tangobaby in the audience!!! LCG's love performing. I have two LCG's, they adore an audience.
Have such fun and see you on the flipside!
xo

Relyn Lawson November 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Yea!! Have fun. Can't wait for more pictures.

A Cuban In London November 16, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

I'm celebrating my birthday today and you're more than welcome to pop by my blog for a relaxed and chill-out jam session on piano, guitar and vocals.

Greetings from London.

Anonymous November 16, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Have a great time and see you in a few days :-)

Mary-Laure November 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

YES! Do learn ballet, and tell me ALL about it...

christina November 17, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

You must share your new dance moves. Can't wait to hear all about it. ; )

karey m. November 17, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

dammit dammit dammit.

i missed your birthday...i missed this...

dammit. and sorry. and happy birthday. and i've enjoyed the hell out of your posts i've missed.

so many swear words. eek. xoxo.

tangobaby November 18, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Hi guys!

I got back late last night, with lots of memories and some adorable photos. I miss my little girlies terribly today.

But thank you for the lovely send off! I was away from a computer for FOUR whole days. I tell ya, that's a new one for me!

xoxo