julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, November 7, 2008

Princesses Nubiennes



I'm still waking up in a good mood. My post-election high hasn't worn off yet! Amazing.

This is a song that will keep it going. Temperature Rising by Les Nubians. I will never be as cool or beautiful as these ladies, but boy I can sure appreciate them.

***

My musical educator in London, a cuban in london, has the most wonderful musical selections with great commentary. You should give him a visit.

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

christina November 7, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

Les Nubiens are my favorite, favorite! Oh gosh! There is no one as cool as these ladies! I am getting goose bumps thinking about it.

; ) Hide this post from my daughter, she love wit dem big too!

tangobaby November 7, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

Hi christina,

I remember when I got their first CD and how I listened to it at least once a day for months. Plus, they are so gorgeous!

They came to San Francisco in August and I missed the show! I was kicking myself.

I think you should play it for your daughter and you two have a little dance for Auntie Tangobaby!

xoxo

Amanda November 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

My gosh, I love this! How could I have missed them?

Going to download it right now!

paris parfait November 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Well a Cuban in London must be onto something, if he mentions Jill Scott right off the bat! Jordana saw her in concert in Paris. Amazing talent. xo

tangobaby November 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Hi Amanda,

I'm glad you discovered Les Nubians, too. I'm trying to remember when I bought their first CD, but I remember that I practically wore it out.

The rest of their music is just as good.

Hi paris parfait,

I'm glad you made it over to a cuban in london's blog. He's such an avid reader and music lover that there's always something very interesting to read and enjoy there.

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

these chicks are babes! i'm going to look them up at my favorite independent book store when i go there today. thanks for sharing and thanks to cuban in london, he's a creative cookie.

A Cuban In London November 10, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

Thanks for mentioning my blog, TB. It's a pleasure. Oh, yes, Les Nubians rock!

Greetings from London.

tangobaby November 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

@sarah: Let me know if you find them. I'd be happy to make a CD for you...

@cuban: of course! Your blog is awesome!