julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, November 23, 2008

la belle fille avec l'hirondelle

the beautiful girl with the swallows

she loves birds

pretty as a picture

***
Swallow, swallow, neighbor swallow,
Starting on your autumn flight,
Pause a moment at my window,
Twitter softly your good-night;
For the summer days are over,
All your duties are well done,
And the happy homes you builded
Have grown empty, one by one.
Swallow, swallow, neighbor swallow,
Are you ready for your flight?
Are all the feather cloaks completed?
Are the little caps all right?
Are the young wings strong and steady
For the journey through the sky?
Come again in early spring-time;
And till then, good-by, good-by!

~ Louisa May Alcott, What The Swallows Did

11 comments:

will November 23, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Tweet sweet!

Relyn Lawson November 23, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Did you take those amazing images? Tell me you did. They look just like your work. WOW!

tangobaby November 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

@bill: She's the prettiest little bird in San Francisco, I think.

@relyn: Yes, I did take the photos. But she's the one that's amazing. I'm glad you like them too! ;-)

julochka November 24, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

wow, you had a photorific weekend! i saw the whole shoot on flickr! gorgeous! are you sure you don't have a DSLR? ;-)

after this, i'm plotting my next tattoo...

Molly November 24, 2008 at 3:57 AM  

My Granny in England and I had a tradition throughout my childhood where we'd send each other postcards when the swallows left or arrived on either of our shores with the change of seasons.
She pretended, and I believed, that they were the same swallows which left her tiny English village and summered in my tiny South African one.
My Gran loved swallows so much I think in another lifetime she'd have deeply envied this tattoo.
Lovely post, thanks.

christina November 24, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

I am at a lost for words! Stunning!

Red Shoes November 24, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Oh my. What a beauty. Do you know who put those gorgeous birds on her?

My Castle in Spain November 25, 2008 at 4:35 AM  

she's so cute !
and i love her shirt and blue swallows
Greats pics Tangobaby !

paris parfait November 25, 2008 at 4:56 AM  

Wonderful photos, clever photographer girl. xoxox

Anonymous November 26, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

these shots are some of your best yet! these and the set above. very creative posing and as i said on your flickr, she is almost as pretty as you :)

Fabio Fernandes Cruz December 11, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

so beauty .