julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, May 23, 2009

mi causa es su causa

How badly do I want this Matt Diffee t-shirt?
Badly.


***

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future. All these are the links in the endless chain stretching from the finite to the infinite." ~ Abraham Lincoln

***

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity." ~ Christopher Morley


***

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted." ~ Bertrand Russell

***

Tomorrow some lovely FOTs (Friends of Tangobaby) are turning out for a little celebration.

A picnic in the park to meet K and the kids, eat some sandwiches, play on the swings and just hang out with a little family that is long overdue in the Friend Department.

Of course it's foggy, windy and freezing cold today (yet another summer day in San Francisco!) but, sunshine or not, we're off to picnic on Sunday.

***

The title of this post, a riff on mi casa es su casa and a nod to one of the greatest scenes in Pulp Fiction (not that I'm at the Eric Stoltz level of dress and/or coolness), is because while I realize that not everything I care about or think about is required reading or pondering by anyone else, for those who choose to take up my causes once in a while, unasked-- just jumping in and saying, What can I do?... those people make me so glad to know that I'm not kicking around in a vacuum.

Looking back on this holiday in years to come, I'll remember this particular Memorial Day weekend also as a group of strangers who became friends because they wanted to serve another, just by being kind.

7 comments:

SE'LAH... May 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Wished I was there in person but I am there in spirit.

Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend. May you have lots of great memories.

One Love.

Brenda Susan May 23, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

I gave you an award! Love your blog, I do, I do!

Char May 23, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

sounds like a perfect day

Cynthia Pittmann May 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Have a beautiful weekend...and many lovely memories. Love to you and all of those who support your cause! <3

Mari May 24, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Aw, wish I was there!

Mary-Laure May 24, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Love the Chris Morley quote.

christina May 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM  

Sweetheart did you say Eric Stoltz?? Yes mam! ; )