julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Play the New SF Game! All MUNI Riders Can Win!

I think this is brilliant. From the brand new site, "Where's Gavin?"
And thanks to Greg of the much beloved N-Judah Chronicles for posting this first.

I wonder if any of us can actually win this game? I sure could use a free Fast Pass.

***

We’re looking for Mayor Gavin Newsom. Have you seen him? We know he talks a good game on Muni and transit in our fair city, the City and County of San Francisco. But why doesn’t he also walk the walk? His advocacy and leadership for Muni has been noticeably absent even though, deep in his heart, he must know that the truly green choice is non-car transportation. So what are we to do? Apparently he has the lock on the capitulating Supes and just doesn’t get it:

When asked what he thinks about the fact that Muni riders are paying more than drivers in this budget (estimates say the ratio is 4 to 1), Newsom responded that’s only true “when the budget is taken out of context” and argued that over the years “it’s been fairly balanced.”

In order to make this mistake, he must be a car guy. But there is some hope! We only have this clue from the Chronicle:

He also rides Muni incognito, disguised in a baseball cap, and walks when he can, said his spokesman Nathan Ballard.

But going incognito means we can’t find him. So can you help us find him? Only you, the riders of our beloved San Francisco Municipal Railway, can find Gavin going incognito. And to get you excited, check out the sidebar to see what prizes you could win! The deep and resounding question of our time is not “Where’s Waldo?” It’s “Where’s Gavin?”

***

I'm still sick but this game did brighten my day a bit. Now off for some more tea. I stole the graphic off of the Where's Gavin site because it's better than the only photo I've got of him.

6 comments:

Just Jules May 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

I can see you all flippin caps off unsuspecting SFers in search of the "disguised" man..... no one is safe!

Gabby May 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

You can use this picture for him:

http://content.etilize.com/Large/11958188.jpg


Sending you all kinds of chicken soup vibrations and xoxoxo

~DokterKenny May 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

I'm sorry Newsome is a tool just like good 'ol Willie Brown was. They just use the city for their own personal political gain. In my book the last decent mayor SF had was Diane Feinstein. The sooner SF'ers realize this the better off they will be.

I think I have a better chance of finding a winning lottery ticket in my a$$ than any San Franciscan has of actually finding Gavin in disguise on Muni! IMHO- of course I am just an outsider

Char May 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

feel better sugar
xo

paris parfait May 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Where's Gavin is a really good question these days! Great game. Hope you're soon feeling much better! xoxox

affinity May 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

I live down the street from Gavin and his Ford Hybrid and driver were sitting outside his building this morning at around 8am..does that mean I won...oops, I did not actually see HIM!