julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cups Overflowing

Monday night (goodness, was it only the day before yesterday?!), after lots of waiting and emailing and planning, I had the very great and good fortune to meet one of my favorite blogging sisters, Tara of Paris Parfait. Along with my local sweetie, Ms. Wellspring, the three of us finally fulfilled our in-person dream of being together.

The meeting of minds and hearts over glasses of wine and good food (at Iluna Basque!) was divine. It seemed like we had been getting together like this for years. Perhaps it's a premonition of good times to come?

Anyway, I'm still enjoying the glow from our meeting, and Tara has already written about our evening. Truly, my cup runneth over with affection and friendship for these two special ladies.

In reflecting on this feeling of already knowing, already friends, it reminded me of a a symbol that I have always been drawn to: the Queen of Cups. I have been fascinated in times past by the Tarot, the history of its imagery and the Jungian way these images come together to tell stories that help us plumb our inner mysteries.

The suit of Cups has always been my favorite. Its promise of love and nurturing and abundance is very powerful.

I could not help envisioning the Queen, holding her cup overflowing with happiness, when I think of these lovely ladies. All of us queens together, enjoying the abundance of friendship and good company. And to think that blogging planted the seed!

***

PS: A quickie definition of the Queen of Cups: she is often involved in creative or literary pursuits, and enjoys art, good music, literature and things of beauty. She is unstinting in her readiness to nurture others, and is often connected with motherhood, and mothering.

Lovely Victorian tarot image from Victorian Romantic.

6 comments:

paris parfait May 21, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Oh we have started something here - many collaborations and consultations and confabulations to come! I'm so, so thrilled that our paths crossed and we finally got to spend time together in person - the first of many such fabulous times with you wonderful, inspiring ladies! xoxox

paris parfait May 21, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

By the way, I forgot to mention I can read the Tarot. : )

Anonymous May 22, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

You are fortunate to have found each other. May your shared futures be bright.

tangobaby May 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Dear Paris Parfait,

Yes, the energy and connection in the air was tangible. I know we will have lots to share in the future and have many things to share and look forward to together.

Oh, and by the way, I am not in the least surprised.

xoxo

Dear upfromthedeep,

Thank you, and I can say the same to you as well!

;-)

studio wellspring May 23, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

thanks for such a lovely evening ~ i am honored to have joined you & tara, two ladies whom i admire & appreciate so very much. i have felt an uplifting surge all week from the exquisite energies and ideas that were shared between us. i do hope we can all 3 meet up again soon ~ perhaps next time it will be in paris? ;o)

tangobaby May 23, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Me, too! I still feel the goodness from our evening...it has lasted me all week.

I think Paris sounds like a fantastic place to meet up again, but where ever it ends up being, I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

But you know me, I always keep my passport handy.

;-)