julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Little Love Affair

"It's simply a very romantic place. Just one look at any of those streets, and you couldn't be anywhere else -- it's so beautiful, and there's that location, and the sense of the free spirit. Who couldn't become ravenous in such a place?"~ Julia Child, Chef


***

Flurry. The past days and nights have been full of activity.

Here I am again at another Monday that is a little shock to the system. I could use another day to collect and renew. *sigh*

I think today I'll just let my pictures do the talking. But perhaps you might play a little game with me and take a guess as to where in the world I was this weekend?


Photo: In the Eye of the Beholder.


Me 'n' The Boy, on the Sausalito-SF Ferry.



Photo: In magical Marrakesh with Maryam (I wish, I wish)?


The Alhambra Movie Palace, on Polk Street.



Photo: In the City of Lights?


At a bistro in Russian Hill.


Photo: In Bangkok? Phuket?


Above a restaurant in Russian Hill.


Photo: At Hearst Castle?



First photo: Outside the Castro Theatre.

Second photo: On Polk Street.




Photo: In the tiny, vintage-filled glorious antique stalls of San Telmo, Buenos Aires?


On Polk Street.


Photo: Finding shipwrecks and pirate treasure?


At the Sausalito Historical Society.


Photo: At the Fountain of Youth?


At the Viña del Mar fountain, Sausalito.





Communal garden, Fort Mason.


I hope your weekend was full of delights and some flights of fancy, too.
.
.
All photos happily taken by me, and there's more where that came from here.

13 comments:

Relyn Lawson May 12, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

What a wonderful weekend and a wonderful way to share it. You win the creative blogger of the weekend award. Too bad I just made it up and don't have an amazing tiara to bestow with it. Glad you had such a great time.

studio wellspring May 12, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

oooh i lurve that close-up shot of the fountain water spraying above head. wonderful energy & color & light!

Anonymous May 12, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Oh TP, I'm sooo jealous. And I love that shot of the chandelier crystals!!

paris parfait May 13, 2008 at 4:29 AM  

Gorgeous photos - can't wait to get there and see for myself! Haven't had time to answer your email - sorry, things a bit mad here getting ready to depart. Will phone you Monday when I'M IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!!! xoxox

paris parfait May 13, 2008 at 4:29 AM  

Gorgeous photos - can't wait to get there and see for myself! Haven't had time to answer your email - sorry, things a bit mad here getting ready to depart. Will phone you Monday when I'M IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!!! CAN'T WAIT! xoxox

Maryam in Marrakesh May 13, 2008 at 4:57 AM  

Oh I know that you and Angie will definitely be in Marrakesh sometime soon tango-ing at Peacock Pavilions. I just sense it! And Tara has already promised to come, too!

studio wellspring May 13, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

omg, maryam, yes! you have no idea how much i am longing for that very trip.

tangobaby May 13, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Hi Relyn,

Now you know why I am sleepy during the week and write silly emails to you.

Please send me the tiara when you get it...you know I will wear it proudly!

Hi Ms. Wellspring,

I went a little crazy taking pictures of the water! (Be glad I only posted two.) I am finding that somethings you take pictures of turn out so much better than you expected and then you get all crazy inside trying to take lots of pictures before the feeling goes away.

Hi Johanna,

Lucky for you all of this is in San Francisco and it's not going anywhere, so when you're ready for a visit...

Hi Paris Parfait!

Just get on that plane already! Me 'n' little You-Know-Who are champing at the bit! See you SOON!!!
xoxo

Hi Maryam,

My goodness, I sure hope so. Your blog makes me drool and daydream. I love it all...I am afraid if I go to Marrakesh, I will end up running away from home...

Hi Ms. Wellspring...please, please, pleaaassseee let's go see Maryam. When?!

Christian Cagigal May 13, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

San Francisco is so full of unexamined details. Sometimes even I take them for granted. Too busy rushing around.

C

Anonymous May 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Hmmm, no idea where you were, but love the first pic of the sun glasses - very clever! x

tangobaby May 13, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Hi Christian,

Well, I intend to get out and explore as many of those details as I possibly can. I know it's hard for all of us to slow down, but somehow having a camera in my hand makes me do take more time to look around.

Hi Christie,

No idea, really?! Well come out here and I'll show you. ;-)

To The Boy, I am the Paparazzi, so this time I was lucky to catch him before he put his hand up.

Red Shoes May 15, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

I'm in love with this town as well...thanks for the gorgeous photos! You're reminding me to look carefully. SF is full of treasures.

tangobaby May 16, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Hi Red Shoes,

And where you live, too, gosh...I'm sure there's tons to see. When you get your head out of those school books and can take a break, be sure to take some photos for us.

Or we can go on an expedition together.

;-)