julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Luck Has Nothing to Do With It

There's a reason why I've been reading and have been inspired by Sallycat's blog for a long time.


This particular post, about the concept of luck and the life we choose to make with what we have, really struck home with me today. It is a perfect example of why I look forward to Sallycat's wonderful and brave take on life and living her dreams.
.
There are days when I feel braver than other days, or feel more or less in control of how I wish to live my life, but there never is a day where I sit back and wish that luck would magically change things for me. Life is too short and precious for that.
.
Thank you for the reminder, Sallycat.

6 comments:

paris parfait May 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

I went off to visit your link and got lost. And I agree that we create our own luck through effort, willingness to take risks and embrace the unknown. xoxox

tangobaby May 8, 2008 at 6:31 AM  

Yes, Paris Parfait, and I know you are a shining example of that outlook, too. I'm glad you wandered off to Sallycat--she is amazing.

Sallycat May 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Tangobaby, precious one, thank you for sending me so many of your readers. It has been a joy to receive their comments, and to know that others who have not commented, have still stopped by.
A big hug from me to you. SC

tangobaby May 9, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Dear Sallycat,

I'm so happy my pals are finding their way to you! As much as your story is beloved by enthusiasts in the tango community, your beautiful writing is powerful and universally inspirational to many people.

I'm glad to do my share and bring other appreciators to your blog. It's well-deserved recognition. You live and dream dreams for many of us.

xoxo

Phyllis Hunt McGowan May 11, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

I too found my way to Sallycat- that's the beauty of blogs and generous writers- sharing the magical words of others and precious things we've found.

tangobaby May 12, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

Dear TheElementary,

I'm so glad you enjoyed Sallycat's blog. Her story is not just for dancers, but for anyone who follows their heart.

The blogosphere is full of wonderful people sharing stories, our common threads.