julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, January 30, 2009

A Three Advil Night


It's been a long time since I last prayed to Goddess Advil.

***

Tonight the red shoes came out, and yeah, it is like riding a bicycle.
You never forget.

You never forget how the music fills your ears and you dance with your eyes closed for minutes upon minutes. How your hair gets sweaty and sticks to your forehead and the side of your face, where it's pressed against the face of someone else. How you can't help humming the melodies, laughing when you make a mistake. Milongas, valses, tangos.

***

Tonight at Ney and Jennifer's.
Music, color, art and friends.
The three most favoritest people I could ever wish to dance with, this being my debut for 2009 and the first day back on the dance floor in many moons.

They didn't forget me!

xoxo to my lovely friends: R, P and T.
You made me feel like a princess, thank you.

ps.: And I got to ride the cable car there and back. Now that's what I call San Francisco Tango.

17 comments:

Kennethwongsf January 31, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

I must admit I'm a bit jealous of you! I long for the day I can stride across the floor with confidence.

julochka January 31, 2009 at 2:21 AM  

happy, happy tango! :-) and worth ever mg of ibu, i'm sure! :-)

xoxox,
/j

Eternal Lizdom January 31, 2009 at 2:56 AM  

Sounds like an amazing evening!!

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

Hi CJ here just stopped in to say hello. I enjoy reading your blog and being part of somewhere I only have been through. Thank you for the mini vactions we take together.

Adan January 31, 2009 at 5:45 AM  

glad to hear you are back on the dance floor.

reminds me of a song by cobra starship.

Send My Regards to the Dancefloor.

Look it up!

Adan January 31, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

and look at me, I can't even type in the correct name of the song.

it's

Send My LOVE to the Dancefloor!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats January 31, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Oh, what shoes...much better than Dorothy's Ruby Slippers...and Ney and Jennifer! I just love watching their videos! Happy 2009 debuting, too1

Barb January 31, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

Love, love, love the shoes. Every girl needs a pair of RED shoes! Barb

Mary-Laure January 31, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Oh oh OH those SHOES!!!!!!!

rosedale's 4head January 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

i'm in awe over your photography! beautiful work!

Char January 31, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

it sounds so very Holly Golighting goes to San Francisco. how wonderful.

Blue Sky Dreaming January 31, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Ah, with those shoes it had to be a magical night. You are the Princess of tango to all of us...I'm so glad you stepped back into a world you so love.

Cartooncharacter January 31, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Looks like there's a second Ms. Red Shoes to grace the tango scene, once again. You ARE a princess!

P January 31, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Ah, it was worth it for the shoes alone!

christina January 31, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Such great legs!

la novia del mar February 1, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

I love that feeling before a milonga, when u think everyting it's possible.
and by the way, nice shoes!

Sarah February 3, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

those shoes are sultry, hun! :)

i hope you had a great time. it's great to just get lost in the music, isn't it?

-s