julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Tango Prayer

Oh Goddess Advil,
Mistress of Ibuprofen,
I pray to you.
Deliver me from these throbbing (and possibly broken) feet,
So that I may hobble towards another day
Full of tango--
But not tomorrow.
Ow.

***

I just took three Advil. Is that bad?

It was so worth it though: a last private lesson today with Ney before he leaves for Italy, then another great group class, and then the milonga at El V.

I think I've changed my mind about El V. Tonight was full of all good-feeling tandas, a couple that were extraordinary. One new leader (wow) and a goodbye dance with Ney. That was the whipped cream AND the cherry on my tango sundae tonight.

9 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2007 at 8:55 AM  

Ice your feet, deary!

oh, Jealous - dancing with Ney is oh so heavenly, isn't it?

tangobaby November 21, 2007 at 9:12 AM  

Hi Tina,

I was too tired to sit up with the ice last night, but I made it through the night okay.

But I am wearing my dance sneakers to work today. That's a first!

You and I are definitely Ney groupies, aren't we? ;-)

Anonymous November 21, 2007 at 9:13 AM  

I know they're probably all the same, but Aleve got me through my trip to BA :-)

My arches are still protesting from just 5 tandas :-(

tangobaby November 21, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

Johanna! Did you go out dancing last night?!! Do tell!

xoxo

ps. I think you're right: Aleve, Advil--it's probably all the same stuff. Maybe we need harder drugs!

;-)

studio wellspring November 21, 2007 at 1:51 PM  

i had the same experience tangobaby. i actually stayed until 12:30 last night i was having so much fun. but i could barely walk to my car afterwards. your friend lincoln helped me out ~ he said he was very sorry to have missed you. he taught me to milonga like wild fire ~ so much fun! i'm soaking my feet at my paernt's house today. such wonderful memories of a tango filled day & night!

tangobaby November 21, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

Oh happiness! My lovely Lincoln! He is a joy. I am so glad you two met!

I am sorry that I missed him but perhaps it's good that you got the benefit of his undivided attention. And milonga-ing yet, on those tired tootsies? You are a real trooper.

Be happy soaking your feet and enjoying your family. Get lots of rest. Next week you're back in heels again, missy!

Anonymous November 21, 2007 at 5:31 PM  

Yes, yes! Indeed, yes, TB. I wrote all about the fabulous night!

http://tangowritemight.blogspot.com/2007/11/im-baaaaack-sort-of.html

La Nuit Blanche November 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM  

i saw ney at a milonga last friday! he was dancing right behind me and my lover in the line of dance. i am afraid i must confess i was terribly star-struck. :)

tangobaby November 30, 2007 at 4:03 PM  

Oh, now I miss him again.

Promise me next time you'll cabaceo the heck out of him! Please?! You'll love him. Promise?