julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

I have always really liked the actual date of my birthday: 11/11.

I've always thought it was a kick-ass cool number with all of those 1s. (Plus, it's a national holiday and when I was little, I just assumed we all got the day off of school because it was my birthday, not realizing that we owed an enormous debt of gratitude to those who had died in the service of our country. Now I know better and am more appreciative of people and events other than myself. Or I try.)


But, back to me.

For my birthday, I do not want a cake made out of tofu.

What I really want for my birthday is my own Tango Angel. Practicas, milongas, whatever. Someone fun to dance with on an occasional/regular basis. Is there a Tango Angel in San Francisco for me?

CALLING ALL TANGO ANGELS: I hope you will grant my birthday wish.

If not, I may assume one or all of the following:

  1. Tango Angels do not read this blog.
  2. Most of the people who read this blog are women.
  3. You are shy.

Out-of-town Tango Angels may also apply, but that means I have to take a raincheck unless you have a pending visit to San Francisco. Or if I end up in your hometown someday.

***

If you are an interested local Tango Angel, please don't keep me waiting. I will wear a white carnation in my lapel if you want.

Or maybe a gardenia.

13 comments:

Maria November 6, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Happy birthday!! May you find your Tango Angel.

Anonymous November 6, 2007 at 8:31 PM  

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!!! It is indeed a VERY cool birthday date. One that you share with my grandma. And she was a VERY cool lady.

Many blessings and Tango Angels to you!

Anonymous November 7, 2007 at 1:50 AM  

I'd love to be your tango angel but my wings are not strong enough for the 5000 mile flight :-(

NYC Tango Pilgrim November 7, 2007 at 3:57 AM  

TB,

Here is my rain check. I am no TA but we could have some belated birthday dance, say, after a satisfied dim sum in NYC.

I know I will be divine after my BsAs trip... or disastrous. Since it is your birthday, let's be positive.

Anyway, Happy B-Day. Have a lot of non ToFu cake on me. Haha..

TP

msHedgehog November 7, 2007 at 5:12 AM  

Happy birthday. How could they not have called you Poppy?

Psyche November 7, 2007 at 6:53 AM  

Sorry, I can't help with the TA either - I'm a girl. But I can wish you a happy birthday! Happy birthday!

Anonymous November 7, 2007 at 10:39 AM  

Oh goodness I'm a day behind...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANGO BABY!!!!!!!!!

:-)

I hope you found your Tango Angel.

tangobaby November 7, 2007 at 12:04 PM  

Dear Maria,

Thank you for my wish. If I find my TA, I will let you know! As always, thank you for reading. ;-)

Dear Johanna,

I'll bet your grandma was a cool lady. I'm sure we would have gotten along brilliantly. I'm glad I share a birthday with someone so special to you.

Dear David,

Well, then I will have to come to you. That would make me very happy indeed. Thank you for being a tango angel from afar.

Dear TP,

You know I'll be coming your way! Dim Sum and a freshly minted TA straight from the heart of Buenos Aires...I'll be there sooner than later. Thank you!

Dear Ms. Hedgehog,

You might be one of the smartest people I know. Poppy! I love it. You know, I have to admit, I've never worn a poppy on my birthday. I guess I should start. I've always liked the name Armistice Day better because it was so hopeful at the time. Oh well...

Dear Psyche,

Girls can be their own special kind of Tango Angels. I just discovered your lovely blog and look forward to catching up with you and what you're doing across the pond.

Miss Tina,

You're not late at all...and your comments are always enjoyed. Do you have any spare Tango Angels in Seattle?

***

So many lovely wishes!!! Thank you all!! Yay!

Red Shoes November 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

Please wear a gardenia. Especially if you wouldn't mind this gardenia-lover hovering awfully near you and sniffing you.

...Is that weird?

tangobaby November 9, 2007 at 9:52 PM  

Not at all. Sniff away.

But then you'll have to dance with me...

;-)

Anonymous November 11, 2007 at 3:12 PM  

Now it's the 11th, Happy birthday from your Tango Angel on the far side of the Atlantic. I hope you find some magic today.

David

Anonymous November 11, 2007 at 5:14 PM  

And now for the OFFICIAL wish:

Happy Birthday TB!

tangobaby November 11, 2007 at 9:34 PM  

Thank you, David! Save me a dance, okay?

Grazie mille, Ms. Johanna!

kisses to you both. *smooch*