julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Food Baby

The Boy has a friend named Dan who publishes a funny cartoon called Bizarro.

Last week he was telling me about one cartoon in particular that made him crack up. I don't have it here so you'll have to imagine it from the description.

Two women are sitting and talking. One woman has a pregnant belly. The other woman says to her friend: "Congratulations! When is the baby due?"

And the other woman says, patting her tummy, "Oh, I'm not pregnant. I just had lunch. This is my food baby."

***

Let's just say we had some nice Food Babies at our house yesterday on Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to give mine up for adoption today.

For those of you who don't spend enough time on the internet already, here is another fun place to hang out (if you like to cook): The epicurious video website!

PS. I'm never organized enough to brine my turkey ahead of time, but this is the first year I injected it with butter, broth and spices...and let's just say this turkey was my best so far. Plus, you get to use this gigantic stainless steel syringe and you look like a crazy veterinarian. It's fun!

5 comments:

AlexTangoFuego November 23, 2007 at 11:28 AM  

You make me laugh Baby...

I call mine my "tango muscle"...

And I work very hard on it...for my tango...

(grin)

tangobaby November 23, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Hi Alex,

Sometimes I make me laugh, too!

A tango tummy (or as you call it, a tango muscle) can come in very handy because it gives the follower something nice to "lean" on! Ask a follower, she'll tell you.

I hoped you worked very hard on your tango muscle yesterday! ;-)

xo

Psyche November 26, 2007 at 7:44 AM  

A good friend of mine has one of those! He calls it his 'curry baby'. I tell you, when that thing's born it's going to be like that scene from Alien.

tangobaby November 26, 2007 at 10:05 AM  

A curry baby! Delightful!

I had one of those over the weekend, too. To be specific, it was a butter chicken and daal baby, bathed in chai. Yum.

I hope your friend has an easier time with his baby than John Hurt did. Ouch.

Maria December 13, 2007 at 6:40 PM  

This post is so apropos. At Thanksgiving, I groaned that I was going to have a baby. My grandmother and great aunt both shrieked, "you're pregnant?!" Much to their disappointment, I had to explain what sort of baby I was carrying. Today at the office, I was recounting this story, and I hear excited shrieking from across the cubicle walls, "You're expecting?!"