julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, November 11, 2007

And a Good Time Was Had By All!

Oh, what a night. Bellinis everywhere. Still on my Venetian kick, of course.

Adolph and Leonard were up to their usual tricks. Errol made all of us swoon, Cary clowned, Clara made eyes at me, William and Myrna charmed, and Asta spilled a few drinks but the boys made more for us.

Max personally came out to do my makeup, and my gown was by Irene.

George played some of my favorites, Buddy made us bop, Django strummed, Fayard and Harold tapped to Glenn's tunes, and little Michael stole the show. Even though all the ladies wanted to throw their panties, Tom looked at me when he sang.

Nikola sent word that my mysterious present is almost finished. The Turk astonished the crowd, even though I know its secret now and wish I didn't. Ricky had all of us looking on in amazement.

Carl wore his corduroy blazer, as usual, but he always looks great in it. I've missed him terribly. Jim and Gene always have the most amazing stories to tell, and my favorite world travelers, Sir Richard and Michael, were just back from their latest adventures. Madeleine was as spry as ever, and David kept us all in stitches with a retelling of his elf story again.

My first love Jacques supervised the souffles, my new love Thomas prepared the foie gras and caviar sampler, and my favorite bad boy Anthony provided the delightfully snarky commentary. Joel made the lamb chops just the way I like them.

Harry is having my trinket delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to see what he's designed!

Oh, and how could I forget! Danced the chacarrera with Hugo, tangoed with Javier, and milonga'ed with Thierry (thanks to Alex!).

What on earth will I do for next year's birthday?!

(But I missed you. Promise you'll come to my party next year?)

***
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. --Abraham Lincoln

6 comments:

NYC Tango Pilgrim November 11, 2007 at 10:34 PM  

TP had something for you too. Check his blog.

tangobaby November 11, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

I'm going there right now! Oh boy!

;-)

La Nuit Blanche November 12, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

WOW.

have you ever read "freaky friday"? let's switch minds for a day. i wanna live your life!!!

gros bisou!

tangobaby November 12, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

Ha! I wanna live that life too.(oh...and that's me in the pic. the cute one on the right.)

;-)

Of course! Freaky Friday was a favorite. But I was more of a Judy Blume girl for the most part.

Caresses et gros bisous a toi!

Colbay November 13, 2007 at 2:46 AM  

Happy birthday, darling.

It seems like you had a FABULOUS time!!!

*hug hug and kisses*

tangobaby November 14, 2007 at 6:30 PM  

I did, thank you! I have a very active imagination sometimes.

;-)