julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Milonga in My Mind



I won't be dancing tonight due to the most gigantic pile of laundry in my room. Me 'n Ms. Wellspring are going to take Ney and Jennifer's workshops in Seattle over the weekend, so when I say I haven't a thing to wear, it's really the truth.

So I will just have to have a milonga in my mind today. I think I will dance to Caceres. I don't get enough of him.

In BA, I danced the best milonga in my life to this song. It was in a class taught by the Dinzel's, with a sweet young teaching assistant that all of us had a crush on. Every time I hear this song I think about how incredible that dance was. It was like flying.

6 comments:

AlexTangoFuego February 5, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

El Flaco Dany y Silvina Valz...dancing to Juan Carlos Caceres' "Tango Negro"...

I had the thrill of dancing right behind (en la ronda) El Flaco at a milonga in BsAs...dancing a milonga...

And, I've had the pleasure of taking private lessons from Silvina...mmmm mmm mm...

tangobaby February 6, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

That's very cool, Alex. And Silvinia is so beautiful. You are a very lucky boy. I would mmmm mmmm mmmm too if I were you.

koolricky February 8, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

I love milongueros dancing milongas! ;o)
Hey tb, what did you think of Los Dinzel class?

Anonymous February 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

that is one of the most enjoyable demos I've ever seen.

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

What an awesome video! El Flaco & Silvina bring the song so completely to life I wanted to be there with everyone drinking it in.

tangobaby February 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Koolricky! I totally spaced on your question...I loved the Dinzels. I thought their classes were wonderful. And all of their teaching assistants were so generous and helpful, too. The studio is awesome.

Hi Caroline,

I agree. This is one to watch a lot.

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you enjoyed the video so much.