julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, February 1, 2008

From Lurk to Lurve

This week has been a week where my mailbox floweth over. For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while but never commented until now, or just found me and took a moment to send a lovely note...I can't tell you enough how that totally makes my day.


Of course it makes me happy to know that I wrote something that resonated with you, something that you enjoyed, but mostly it's the fact that you and I were able to connect about something. Doesn't really matter about what. I just think that's the coolest thing in the world.

I don't know if you ever had a pen-pal when you were in school, but I did when I was in the fourth grade. I remember sitting at my desk, trying to think of something to say to some kid in another school somewhere far away. I remember trying really hard to come up with things that didn't sound boring, but when you're in the fourth grade, your life isn't all that exciting. I don't remember having much to write to my pen-pal.

But boy, when the day came that the pen-pal wrote back, I was in heaven.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for taking the time to be my pen-pal. I'll try to be the best pen-pal I can. If I could only write to you with an old fountain pen, that would make it even more perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

Tangobaby,

Where did you find this wonderful graphic of the swan and the fountain pens? Gorgeous image!

tangobaby February 12, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

OMG! That image is even more perfect for you than it is for me...

I have to admit I swiped it off google images somewhere and haven't a clue where it came from.