julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sorting

In between sorting loads of laundry so I can get packed for Seattle, I am finally sorting all of my Venice photos and uploading them to flickr.

Thanks to Ms. Wellspring for being my technology guru and helping me set up my little flickr account. It is taking forever to upload the photos and I know it will take even longer to sort them by category, annotate them, crop them, flip them. But I can tell already that I love flickr, even though I don't know what I am doing.

So much sorting tonight. But it feels good to get things accomplished.

You're welcome to check in and look around at the photos, but realize it's a work-in-progress.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangobaby2/

6 comments:

Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

Ah, Venezia!! How glorious! Where is that stunning mosaic floor (page 9)?

And what is DSCN2666????

Thanks for bringing back so many lovely memories.

tangobaby February 6, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

Buongiorno Johanna,

Not having looked at DSCN2666, I am guessing it was the Ca D'Oro. I really have to go through everything, rename the photos and annotate them. Perhaps I was to hasty with my flickr link?

Promise to come back and look again once I've done the work...then the photos will make some sort of sense.

24tango February 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

I love that city.

I was there many long years ago. I shared my passions and good luck for visiting it in the company of an adorable friend.

I don't know which has had a greater affect on how fondly I cherish those memories if it was my adorable friend or the breathtaking beautiful city. I would like to think that they complimented one another perfectly.

The best was watching the sun rising over the sea.

Thank you for sharing yours.

MilongaCat.

tangobaby February 6, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

Dear MilongaCat,

One of the great things about traveling is reliving the experience in the company of kindred spirits.

I'm glad we shared a walk down memory lane together. Venice is glorious, isn't it?

PS. I am working to create some semblance of order and notation with my photos, so if you are patient, check back again and see the photos in their proper context.

Tina February 7, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

Yay for going to Seattle! My pals will take good care of you. :-)

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with anyone (tango people) for knowing what to do/where to go, etc.

Where are you staying??

tangobaby February 7, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

Tina, mia cara,

I am going with Ms. Wellspring and we are so excited. Our bags are packed and we're leaving from work this afternoon. We should be in Seattle in the early evening.

Or course we would love to have your recommendations, introductions, etc. Ms. Wellspring lived in Seattle so she is excited to take me around (I have never been) but it was before her pre-tango days so I know there are lots of people we need to know.

Any advice is appreciated. Just don't let it cut into your BA time unduly. Email me!

xoxo and grazie!