julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Passing Notes in School

I've decided that the only way I am going to survive today--and perhaps for an undetermined number of days to come--is for all of the sarcastic, funny, smart people I know to write amusing emails today (to me, of course) to distract me.

I am going Office Stir Crazy.

For those of you who have already been sending me such welcome sass notes, thank you. You know who you are.

For those of you who haven't started yet, look at this as your Good Deed for Today and some sort of humanitarian public service.

9 comments:

Elizabeth Brinton February 26, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Sorry TB, I just had a not funny day. Hope you survived your workday.

n a n c y February 27, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

Javier is hot for you but is too intimated by your skill to ask you to dance.

tangobaby February 27, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry you didn't have a funny day, either. But you alway pass notes to me, so I know you've got my back.

;-)

tangobaby February 27, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

pssst...nancy....psssst....

Tell Javier to meet me by my locker after school.

:-D

RealityPivots February 27, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

i'd like to like to help you out here tangobaby but you've set the bar pretty high. if there's anything somebody who is sarcastic, but boring and dumb can do, let me know.

tangobaby February 27, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Dear RealityPivots,

I will take whatever attention I can get, so put on your thinking cap.

Or, you can hop on a plane and get down here so I can dance with you.

That might be a better idea, come to think of it.

Frances R February 27, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

OK, here is a story about passing notes in class.
One little girl, when she was in 3 rd grade, much disliked countless spelling tests they had in school. So, one day, when they got yet one more, she wrote on a piece of paper "smelling test", and passed the note around the class.
When the teacher finally found out why the whole class is bursting with laughters instead of writing, she didn't think it was especially funny. But I hope the story will cheer you up.

tangobaby February 27, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Hi Frances,

That girl was me! How did you know?

No, I'm kidding. It wasn't. But I was very good at spelling tests and almost always finished first. I used to have a private spelling race against the rest of the class.

Thank you for your story. That was cute!

Anonymous February 27, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

I delivered a wrapped chicken leg to grandma instead of the salmon loaf. Another SidneyD story.