julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One More Thing

And then I am going to drop the whole issue completely.


I am not applying for the job as the Dorothy Parker of the Tango scene. The blogosphere has one of those already, and she is perfect. (Although if there was an Algonquin Round Table of Tango, I would certainly wish to be a part of it.)

I have no problem with sitting on the sidelines and watching those dancers who are drool-worthy, especially followers. I enjoy it just as much as dancing. But I only saw one follower last night who had it down. I've been to Nino Bien and I understand floorcraft when it comes to dancing in crowded/limited floorspace, trust me. I admire good technique and I know it when I see it.

So, ladies, please, do me a huge favor, if I am going to be sitting out inning after inning and watching you on the floor instead. Keep your thighs together when you dance. Dancing with your legs looking like you and Trigger just got done with a long day of wrangling cattle is not attractive. Thank you. Oh, and stop sticking out your butt. That's not attractive either.

Okay, now I can eat my blueberry muffin and get on with my day.

5 comments:

Anonymous October 10, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

Ah yes, the trifecta (you forgot one) of ugly Tango:

1. Spread legs
2. Butt protrusion
3. Bent knees

I'm sure lead-ers would add "hanging on me like a cheap suit".

tangobaby October 10, 2007 at 10:48 AM  

Ha! Johanna, I love you.

Why were you not with me last night?!!

Anonymous October 10, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

Oh bent knees bug me like nothing else.

The butt protrusion. Yeah. I don't understand why some girls feel the need to look just like Geraldine or Jennifer, who have enviable derriers. Mine sticks out a tad naturally, but I hate when girls over-arch their back to really stick it out. It messes up their connection with the leader if you ask me, and looks silly. You can tell when it's natural and when it's not.

studio wellspring October 10, 2007 at 2:48 PM  

excellent advice ladies! legs together & straight i can do. but i'm afraid i may be a little too bootilicious for perfect tango form, but i'll try to tuck it in as much as possible. ;o)

tangobaby October 10, 2007 at 3:34 PM  

Dear Ms. Wellspring,

Well, at least you now know what bugs the hell out of three of us. (Although the spread legs thing is the one that kills me the most. So unladylike.)

We're not against bootyliciousness. We're just against sticking the aforementioned booty out like a monkey in heat.