julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, October 12, 2007

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

So this morning it was raining pretty constantly, and as per usual, I was getting ready to leave the house without an umbrella, and The Boy was running around in his boxer shorts, trying to find an umbrella I could take with me.

But I don't want an umbrella. I like the rain.

The Boy tried to foist the gigantic blue parapluie on me. It's so big it's like walking under a geodesic dome. You could put an entire family under it. I used this monster once on a rainy walk through North Beach and I'm sure I poked someone's eye out with it (not on purpose, of course).

I know this is one of the ways he tries to keep me safe and protect me, which is very sweet and I love that about him. But it's also fun to see him with brow furrowed. He doesn't understand why someone would want to get rained on.

Actually, I'm not too sure myself, except for that this light rain feels nice. And you can't sing this song to yourself if you have an umbrella (and yes, I really did sing it to myself today. You should try it too sometime. It's fun!):

Raindrops keep falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed,
Nothing seems to fit.
These raindrops keep falling on my head
They keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done,
Sleepin' on the job,
These raindrops keep falling on my head
They keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know,
The blues they send to meet me
Won't defeat me,
Won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red,
Crying's not for me,
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free,
Nothing's worryin' me.


If it rains harder, next time I'm going to wear a yellow slicker and do Singin' in the Rain instead. I'll just need to find a Gene Kelly to dance with, too.



And in case you haven't seen this before, or haven't seen this for a long time, here is the Tango in the Rain scene from The Tango Lesson, courtesy of Milonga Is Like a Box of Chocolates.

7 comments:

Eva October 12, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

Hmm... I'll take an indecent proprosal from Robert Redford anyday! ; )

Eva

tangobaby October 12, 2007 at 2:47 PM  

Ha ha! That's cute.

Boy, but it's so hard to pick, isn't it? Those are some damn fine looking men.

studio wellspring October 12, 2007 at 4:15 PM  

i tried to vote for paul but it won't let me {i keep getting an error message}. i suppose that's a sign that i need to get back to work. sigh.

tangobaby October 12, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

Oh no! I think you should try again. I won't tell.

;-)

I'd vote for you but then we'd get in trouble for voter fraud and people would be crying out about hanging chads.

Eva October 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

Yeah that happened to me too on my first try. I discovered that you can't vote if you are logged in as a blogger.

La Nuit Blanche October 12, 2007 at 11:50 PM  

thinking of redford as the sundance kid... or newman in "paris blues"... can't decide!!

tangobaby October 13, 2007 at 9:05 AM  

Or the two of them together in The Sting? My my.

Eva, thank you for being our technical wizard on polls!