julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, April 17, 2009

A Face for Radio

I know you think I probably packed it in with the blogging stuff lately, but I've had good excuses... trust me.

Just no time to write them down!

***

Part of the excitement today (and yet another day away from the computer) is that I'm being interviewed for a local radio program about the i live here: SF project.

Which I'm totally psyched about... when I'm not freaking out over it.

Am I supposed to do voice exercises? Drink tea beforehand? Measure every word so that I don't say something totally moronic? What if my voice sounds like Betty Boop?

See, this would make you a tad apprehensive too. All I can say is that I'm so grateful it's radio so no one can see me.

If it goes well, I'll let you know more... otherwise, just pretend I never mentioned it!

Happy Free Friday (every day is Free Friday!)

xox

13 comments:

paris parfait April 17, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

YEA! Make sure to get a tape, so you can post it on your blog! You'll do very well, I'm sure! xoxox

Relyn Lawson April 17, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

How very, very exciting! You know, when I pictured all the opportunities that were going to come your way, I never thought of radio. How fantastic. You'll be wonderful - you are too articulate to be anything else. Tara's right. We want to hear it, too. I'll be thinking of you.

Blue Sky Dreaming April 17, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Best of luck...I know it will go well and will I'll be waiting to read the happy details!

iasa April 17, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Fab-u-lus!

~DokterKenny April 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Good luck Jules. I know you will be Grrrrrrrreat. You are a natural when it comes to talking to people.

Char April 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

yay!!! I used to want to host a radio show. I know you will do beautifully.

shabby girl April 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

I am so excited for you! It is such a wonderful project, I'm just sure that will come across through the airwaves!
Which station is it? Maybe we can listen online???
My brother is the voice of KQED tv, but he does the radio side as well.

Mari April 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

You'll be wonderful- can't wait to hear it!

I'm Katie. April 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I love your i live here: SF project. I miss San Francisco and was (ok, going to use a girly word) *delighted* to find it.

Very radio interview worthy ^2.

SE'LAH... April 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Best wishes...when one door closes, another opens.

One Love, Se'Lah

CrochetBlogger April 17, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Congratulations. Be yourself. It'll be wonderful. :)

Laura Doyle April 18, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

How awesome!!!! Next thing you know you'll be swamped with photo shoots and somehow it will start kicking over some cash somehow. : )

Anonymous April 18, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Fabulous! You go girl!!!