julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, April 2, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

So I guess I'm the only one here at the office who ever watched Fiddler on the Roof as a child, let alone watched it every few weeks growing up.

With all of the long faces and shuffling about and packing up desks and us talking about our future plans, I can't help singing "Anatevka" in my mind.



I was thinking we could put on an office version of the play, but no one here has a babushka. *sigh*

***
More than a ps.: THANK YOU SO MUCH for your wonderful, sweet, kind comments and emails and the ones with the swearing, especially. So you'll NOT worry, I'm going to be here as a contractor two days a week, for the next few weeks, and I've filled out all of my unemployment stuff and now am going to figure out the rest of what I'll be doing. So thank you for all of the encouragement and pats on the back and hugs and all the rest of that good stuff. Thank you!

AND, if that wasn't enough, I just got my first installment of Gwyneth Paltrow's newsletter. I can't wait to be enlightened! Italics don't quite convey the excitement quivering through my body at the thought of reading what Gwyneth has to share with me.

AND, if that wasn't enough, last night I got engaged to my little friend Chipmonkey over drinks at the Clock Bar (she treated me to a Ginger Rogers and some truffle popcorn). Chipmonkey is going to marry me so that I will have health care and not have to pay $389 a month for COBRA, which is insane.

Even though little Chipmonkey is already married to Mike, we're going to figure something out. She even bought me a ruby ring made of candy. See?

See? Everything's working out so well already! In just a day, I already have a future wife, no health insurance and a lollipop ring.

xoxo

16 comments:

Chipmonkey April 2, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I figure everyone is entitled to one spouse and one domestic partner, right!? I mean, we are in San Francisco - the city where anything goes :)

If that doesn't work, maybe I could adopt you instead.

Cartooncharacter April 2, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I love "Fiddler on the Roof." I own 3 different CD versions, and can sing "The Dream" song pretty much all the way through (with just a few minor flubs along the way).

You always have such a positive attitude and are so inspiring to me (and so many others). Someday in the not so distant future, when are you making a living doing what you love, you will look back on yesterday with great fondness and laughter.

Elizabeth Brinton April 2, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Hey T-Baby, I seem t0 be late, having been away from blogworld of late...God Damn, I am really sorry, but change is life, no? I am pretty sure you will land on your feet, with your character and smarts, and cuteness, and talent, and...well I could go on.
XOXO
E

SE'LAH... April 2, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I don't think I've seen that movie yet ;-)

Happy Love Thursday!

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

My, what beautiful hands you have!!!

BTW, we just watched FOTR two weeks ago. Someone I know very well has been humming "If I Were a Rich Man" all around the house...

shabby girl April 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

What's that? Opportunity knocking?
How about a column at a newspaper, doing there what you do here! You'll be mahvelous!

Brook April 2, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

I painted the sets(with the rest of the crew)for our highschools production of FOTR. The memories...And I must say what a lovely manicure-I sadly confess to not indulging myself in that area in 10 years(paying some one else or just treating myself)though I almost compusively collect nail polish. I feel inspired. Thank you.

~DokterKenny April 2, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Oh if I were a rich man!

However I found some even better music for your post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoGTVzgow8

enjoy!

Mari April 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

You need to publish a mailing address, so we can send you stuff like baconnaise...

Congrats on the candy ring!

Yoli April 2, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

I'm a theatre major, I am extremely familiar with the score. I know it by heart. One of my favorite musicals of all time.

DollZandThingZ April 2, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

Your engagement ring is magnifique!

Nice musical choice. I am so old that I actually saw Fiddler on Broadway...with Zero Mostel in the 60's and fell in love with it.

"Your first day into it post" is exceptionally good/witty/funny/insightful. Still sorry you got canned but glad for your consultant gig and who knows what tomorrow will bring?

d smith kaich jones April 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Well, I forgot what I was going to say - I started reading all the comments & people talking about your beautiful hands (and they are!) & I just posted a picture of my hands - old & raggedy, nails looking terrible - and I am feeling quite, quite insecure, and yes, now it's all about me and that just ain't right. However, I do remember thinking that I wished I had a future wife - I want her to be a stay-at-home/run-all-my-errands kind of gal; I need someone like that.

:) Debi

Char April 2, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

you can take a pig's ear and make a stunning hat and cape...and then wear it with panache. such a clever girl.

I watched Fiddler! TRA-di-TION

Sandra April 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

I've seen the movie many times. I'm embarrassed to say when I initially read the 'pink slip', I was tired and read it so quickly I missed most of it. I didn't realize the significance. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry, but I'm glad you are keeping your spirit and that your friend is willing to have a second spouse.

Kath April 4, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

oh Julie. I have no words for your right now. Just, you know, I'm thinking about you. xo

Laura Doyle April 4, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

What a lovely ring! (Squeeal!) Congrats on the engagement. It will be interesting, I'm sure. : D