julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, June 26, 2009

back to normal (kinda sorta)

Now we know where He parks.
(In the Castro? Go figure.)

***

I actually am feeling lots better.
I think I have my sense of humor back, too.
I'm so looking forward to a weekend filled with plans with my little darling Chipmonkey. And our cameras.

Our plan is to see Christian's magic show, Now and at the Hour, on Saturday night at the EXIT Theatre.

We'll be at the Pride Parade early Sunday morning, hoping for fantastic candid shots like every other person wielding a camera in San Francisco and overloading Flickr on Monday morning.

We're going to see the Robert Frank exhibit at SF MOMA, The Americans, so we can have an injection of photographic inspiration. (This is my second—and certainly not the last—visit to the exhibit, so I want extra.)

***

I hope your weekend is full of adventures and fun times.
And thanks for keeping me company and checking in on me.

xoxo

***

ps.: Christian is up for Best Magician in the San Francisco Bay Guardian's "Best of the Bay 2009" reader's poll, a title which he totally deserves and I hope he wins.

For those of you who don't mind a little vote casting between now and June 30, please follow this link and enter his name, Christian Cagigal, under best magician, and he'll be so grateful.
And if you can see the show before it ends, do so as I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

8 comments:

Mary Ellen June 26, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

I'm usually a lurker, but I wanted to say that I'm glad you're feeling better, and that I enjoyed that photo. I love to stop by and see what great pictures you've posted, even though I live about as far away from SF as possible in the US. (and I voted)

Nancy Ewart June 26, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

I'm glad that you are feeling better - that parking sign is a hoot! Since you are going to go see the Robert Frank show at SFMOMA, how about writing a review and being a guest blogger on Chez NamasteNancy and BAAQ? Photography is so not my medium and since you are both a photographer AND a writer, it would be great to have your POV.

Char June 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

sounds like precisely the right medicine and a good weekend. i hope you have the best time.

Char June 26, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

and though Julie would never ask for it, I will - you can also vote for the best local blog. *hint, hint* (vote for TB or I live here: SF)

Anonymous June 26, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

I am lovin the photograph, I laughed my ass off when I finally figured out what that neighboorhood actually is. I am happy to hear about your weekend. I would love to be out there with you. Really experiencing photography at it's core. Have a blast for me!

Country Girl June 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Enjoy yourself. I'm planning on doing the same.

poet June 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Glad you're feeling better, and I hope you're having a great weekend! And thanks for the hint about that magic show, I'll try to get tickets. Also, I thought you'd like some distraction, so I've tagged you over at my girl-in-the-bay-tree blog (thegirlinthebaytree.blogspot.com). :)

Greetings,
poet

Relyn Lawson June 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

I'm pretty excited at the thought of seeing him for myself.