julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, June 8, 2009

Driving Ms. Muni Diaries


When Eugenia of Muni Diaries contacted me about being part of the i live here: SF photo project, I was so excited. Muni Diaries is one of those blogs that you think, this is really what SF is about, these guys seem really cool, etcetera etcetera.

But when Eugenia managed to convince someone over at Muni to let us photograph on an empty bus, I was even more excited. I loved that Eugenia was as enthusiastic about my project as I am, and really gets what it is I want to do.

And the fact that she might have someone over at Muni wrapped around her little finger, well, that's just damn impressive. Maybe there's hope for this city after all...


***

Oh, and BTW, the Muni Diaries is having a great event this coming Friday:

We're looking for spoken word, poems, music, stories, art, or whatever Muni has inspired out of you! Friday, June 12, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Make-Out Room

I won't be there because I have a hot date with an 8-year old (my little friend C is performing in her salsa dancing debut at Herbst Theatre, believe it or not) but I hope some of you can make it over to the Makeout Room for some libations and Muni solidarity.

6 comments:

NodtoMod Vintage June 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

very cool...love! xo

Char June 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

how very exciting and a wonderful collaboration. :) (gorgeous shots as always)

LoisW June 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Congratulations! Love the photos...

Henry Finkelstein June 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Awesome pics inside the Muni. I can't believe they let you guys do that ...

Way to go!

Anonymous June 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Love the photo! Way to go! Thanks again for the email! It really did mean a lot. Your work is so inspiring!

Rachel June 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

The photos look great! We'll miss you Friday...