julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Magic Man Is Back!

There's nothing like taking a little stroll through the park, trying to get more pictures of bees and ducks (which I did, but that has to wait), when you get a text message from your friend to find out that he's been written up as the Top Pick in The Examiner. And not only that, they used one of your photos! Nature Interruptus, but I don't mind.

For those of you who have missed my earlier posts about Christian Cagigal and his creepy cool magical world, his new show "Now and at the Hour" is playing for 10 weeks at The Exit Theatre. The theatre's website is here, and you can read Christian's blog here.

If you're local, Christian's show is so worth going to see. He creates such an original, entertaining and clever environment. And there's no pulling rabbits out of hats and dorky stuff. This is cool ass magic. Tell him Tangobaby sent you.

And because I can't help it, and because I still love this photo shoot so much, I credit the guy again because he got me started taking portraits of people in the first place. Thanks, Christian, and I'll see you at the show.

8 comments:

~DokterKenny June 4, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

Cool shot..still reminds me of the Exorcist though

Nancy Ewart June 4, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

I hope that you got credit for the photo-and not just in a text message but in the newspaper and in his PR.

Char June 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

very cool that they used your shot though. bylines are nice though

Just Jules June 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

they cold have just put your name down as credit to the photo!

Still a great shot for a great man

SE'LAH... June 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM  

That's way cool...for both of you.
Nature interruptus ;)

One Love.

Adan June 5, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

this is me, looking, wishing, and wanting to come to SF to see this. tell him to come to cleveland.

paris parfait June 5, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

How terrific that his show is back! It was one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen and Jordana agrees. Nice that your photo appeared in the Examiner, too. xoxox

Christian Cagigal June 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Hi
Thank you for the posting!
You've always been an AMAZING supporter of my shows, no matter that they're small magic shows that take place down on Eddy Street. And, I'm very thankful and honored to have been your first human subject, it really is surprising because it seems like you've been taking photos of people your whole life!

To answer the concerns from those above, yes, she is credited in our press releases and on the post card and in the program.....but sadly, no matter how much you try you can't control what the papers will do, especially since we didn't know they were going to make us a Pick. It seems like they didn't put any photo credits on those pages (page 42-43 Thrusday's edition of the Examiner) for all of things listed in the Arts and Theatre section.

Hopefully that practice will change soon.

Thank you again Tangobaby!
My life is calming down now...I think...What are you doing next Sunday?