julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's a Panty Throwing Night

Tonight at the Warfield, a whole bunch of ladies (and men, who knows?... we are in SF) will be trying to lob pairs of wadded-up panties onto the stage during the performance. It's such a great show, and the panty throwing is tradition.

The Man is in town.



I will not be throwing panties. I will be enjoying myself thoroughly and singing every song. I'll probably scream, though. Last time we saw Tom Jones, we sat next to two young Japanese girls who couldn't speak a word of English but knew every lyric. It was awesome.



Maybe The Boy will throw his panties. He loves Tom as much as I do.



Okay, I know you're not watching all of these videos, but I can't stop posting them. Just watch this one, then.



Maybe I will bring a spare pair, just in case...

6 comments:

Sunday Girl March 7, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

You have got to love Mr Jones. As I live in Wales I think its compulsory here to worship the man. I hope you have a wonderful time. I am slightly envious.

tangobaby March 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Dear Sunday Girl,

This will be the second time I get to see him live and up close, and I know I'll come home without my voice.

I will worship Tom for the both of us then, and take your well wishes to the theatre with me!

;-)

shabby girl March 8, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

The thought occurs to me how hard the man must work to have panties still thrown at him. Tradition or no, he must put on a hell of a show!
Thanks for posting the striptease for The Full Monty! It's one of my very favorite movies EVER! I may have to watch it again this afternoon :)

Char March 8, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

I love the venue too - did I say that before? probably not. we have a similar one in Birmingham - beautifully renovated from the 20's.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats March 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

I watched them all...feel good music for sure!!

Relyn Lawson March 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

SO?? Did you toss them?