julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, March 27, 2009

Mission Central

The Mission is one of those parts of the city that I return to over and over again. It's not the neighborhood I call home, but it's probably the one I spend the most time in when I'm not at home. There's a lot of sensory overload in that part of town, both good and bad, but it's vibrant and colorful and no other place in the city quite like it.

That's why I was so excited that Allan from Mission Mission decided to take me up on my offer to be a part of i live here: SF. I've been reading Mission Mission regularly, whenever I want to know what's going on in that part of town... kind of like a kid with her nose pressed to the glass window because there's a lot more to the Mission than I'll ever get to experience.

And Allan always seems to know what going on first.

***

You can see Allan's story here.

And this is a general shout-out to you SF readers... I need more faces for the project. So let me take your photo, okay? I know you're out there.

ps.: And for you who haven't seen it, my photography book of the Mission is here.

5 comments:

Unknown March 27, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

I love that you're picking up scrap metal from the streets! A friend of mine makes awesome art from scraps like that.

Char March 27, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, why do I keep saying "this is my favorite set" each time? you just keep improving and finding interesting people!

SE'LAH... March 27, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Do love your photos.

Have a Conscious Friday.

christina March 29, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Your mission book is amazing. Wow, I am already loving this. Even before I hit the link.

xo

Cartooncharacter March 30, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

I was thinking, maybe you could do the photoshoot with me and my cat?

:)