julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rockin' the Irish Tonight

I finally get to say this for reals... I'm with the band.

***

After work, me and my little camera get to prowl around backstage, dressing rooms, light booth, etc. for the St. Patrick's Day performances at the Great American Music Hall. My favorite Irish band, Culann's Hounds, is playing tonight and the photo above is part of a set I took a few months ago when they played at the Plough and Stars Pub on Clement Street.

Tickets are still on sale, if you're looking for some great music in the city tonight!

I hope to have some awesome shots for you soon. (I have to admit I'm a little nervous.) Wish me the luck o' the Irish (or the luck o' the photographer with the band).

13 comments:

My Castle in Spain March 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

oh that's real fun !! best of luck...but i'm sure the shots will be great...
enjoy it to its fullest !
besitos

Char March 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

sounds like my kind of fun!!

Happy St. Pattys!

Gabby March 17, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Erin go kosher! (Me, I loves the Pogues!) Pace yourself on the cabbage and get home safe!

iasa March 17, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Oh what fun. I am sure any shots you take will be fabulous.

julochka March 17, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

happy st. paddy's day. i hope you're feeling better by the time you go to the show. you wouldn't want to put your camera in a bad mood. :-)

DollZandThingZ March 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Have fun! Sounds like a fab time with plenty of photo ops!

Blue Sky Dreaming March 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

Best of luck Irish or otherwise! This is just the greatest fun night ever!!!

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Happy st pattys!!!!

Cartooncharacter March 18, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

Awesome! I did my usual, went to Ney and Jennifer's class and then to El V. BUT I did wear my Snoopy Shamrock tie, so I celebrated St. Patti's Day MY way!

P.S. Consider this your first official reminder: N & J's milonga/reception, Sunday, 3/29, 5-9pm, be there or break my heart! :)

A Cuban In London March 18, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

So, the 'craic' was good, wasn't it? Brilliant photo.

Greetings from London.

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

how fun. i love a live band. margie

ArtSparker March 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

I've seen 'em on Clement Street. What a great thing to do for St. Paddy's day.

Gill March 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

How much fun is your life???
xoxo