julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, September 18, 2009

It must be the intense heat today.

It's making me silly.

From the iconic Beth Spotswood on the birth of Gavin's new baby:

It's a girl, which we knew.
They named it Montana, which explains why they didn't want us to know.

***

I'm just thinking out loud here, since Beth started it. I mean, why didn't they name the baby California, if they were going to go with a state? No one in Montana is voting out here (I'm assuming) for our next governor.

Or they could have called her Ashbury Heights, to keep it local.

7 comments:

kath September 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

I haven't been able to open your site in FOREVER - an upgrade to Snow Leopard seems to have done the trick - that and a new faster router ....
I've missed you ... am heading back in the archives to see what I've missed
much love
xo
Kath

Nancy Ewart September 18, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Maybe "Montana" is the new in-name for girls? What do we know? But I can just hear her classmates in 4th, 5th grade - "here Monty Monty Monty." It's almost as bad as "A boy named Sue."

Dutchbaby September 18, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Or Hippie Hill?

Just catching up on your blog. Congratulations on your recent successes. It feels like you're building up to a critical mass of energy and success. It's going to be explosive soon.

Anonymous September 18, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

i agree with dutchbaby on the explosion.
and ashbury would be a cute girls name. we are going to name our daughter ithaca.

AphotoAday September 19, 2009 at 3:32 AM  

Had it been a boy they could have just named it Joe -- maybe with a middle of Montana...

Sherry September 19, 2009 at 4:53 AM  

Maybe they've been watching Hannah Montana...I know this...I give thanks that naming children after places wasn't the "done" thing when I was born. I had a hard enough time with a name that was common ... I dread to think what it would have been like should my parents have had a fondness for Kalamazoo.

Marilyn Miller September 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

I would vote for Ashbury Heights too.
Very funny!