julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

more dreams, more something

Taken early this morning as the sun rose over the city.

***

The days are getting shorter now. The time of morning when I might normally crawl out of the house to take photos before the day begins... now it's too dark. So I guess I'll be starting to mark when my days begin by when, theoretically, I have enough light to start taking photos. If it's not too cold for me to get out of bed.

Tomorrow morning, if all goes well, I'll walk down to the corner and buy a newspaper. Which is something I don't normally do, truth be told.

But this morning will be different, because, if all goes well, I'll open a section of the paper and read something about me. Which kind of floors me and kind of makes me laugh, too.

Never, ever, in a million years did I even think about something like this. I just want to take photos, and meet people, and enjoy the city. And in doing just that, look what's happened.

People keep saying to me: maybe this will be your big break, maybe your phone will start ringing off the hook, maybe you'll start getting big paid jobs.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. I'd like to hitch a ride upon a star. Who wouldn't? But I'm not going to wish for anything. Look at what's happened without me wishing a thing... how could it get better than this?

If all that happens tomorrow is that I walk down to the corner, buy my paper, meet my friend Red Shoes for a cup of coffee, whether I'm in the paper or not, life is good. Thanks to you for being along with me for the ride.

And thanks, San Francisco. Because whatever does happen, I have you to thank most of all.

7 comments:

valerie September 30, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

I stumbled on your blog a while back and have enjoyed seeing your photos and your I Live Here posts. I've never fallen out of love with the city and enjoy that you give the city credit for a lot of things. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm hoping that a little bit of my birthday mojo will land your story in the paper because I'd like to read it. Good luck but either way...your photos and blog posts are fantastic! :)

heidikins October 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

Firstly, I *really* hope this is your break. Of all people, you deserve it.

Secondly, I don't know if I could ever love a photo more than the one in this post. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it.

xox

DollZandThingZ October 1, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

You've come a long way (Tango)baby! Congratulations! Your photos are extraordinary. I look at them on Flickr and marvel at your perspective and subject matter. Very happy for you!

Adan October 1, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

i hope all is well!! Sounds exciting, and you'd better boot up that scanner and let us see that article!

Brook October 1, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

SMILES!!!

Char October 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

maybe it will....I hope so

Anonymous October 3, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

You are living every photographers dream.