julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My mental [bus] transfer

pretty girl on the 6 Parnassus

Riding on the 6 Parnassus last week, near Masonic and Haight.

I thought this girl was so beautiful...

But mostly, I liked her dog.

***

I'm sure you must all think I've gone on holiday.
Surely, I've been off on a mental ride of sorts. But I should be getting off that bus soon. With more stuff worth reading and/or looking at. Or at least I'll try.

But in the meantime, I had some Irish coffees (and very good, inspiring conversation) with Plug1 at the Gold Dust Lounge (why do they call it a dive bar? I don't think the Gold Dust is a dive bar... and besides, Herb Caen liked it), and then had some late night Pasquale's pizza with The Boy.

Let me tell you: IRISH COFFEE and PIZZA do not a dinner make.
Smart people probably already know these sorts of things.

blech.

7 comments:

Char September 15, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

no, whiskey and pizza not a good combo....on the other hand pizza and beer - yum

we had pizza for dinner last night too

Red Shoes September 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

1. The Gold Dust may be a little divey, but the quality and price of their Irish coffees is redemption enough.

2. Whiskey and pizza definitely don't go together.

3. You have my phone number and you should use it.

Bee September 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

I love that photograph -- beautiful girl and tiny dog both.

It practically jumped out of blogger dashboard.

Greg September 15, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

I often describe the Gold Dust as a "disneyland" bar. A while back, Mason Powell and I did a tour of what we called "Disneyland" bars, starting at Tommy's Joynt, then the old Owl Tree, then somewhere else, then the Gold Dust.

I went there on my birthday and they were kind enough to give me a free drink, but I think that was mostly because our group tipped while the frat boy tourist doofuses next to us did not. freakin' tourists!!!

d smith kaich jones September 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

I love this picture, dog, girl, angle, everything - it makes me wonder what they're looking at.

And not being a coffee drinker OR an alcohol drinker, I cannot even conceive of Irish Coffee with pizza.

:)
Debi

Just Jules September 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

yes, and orange juice after toothpaste bad bad idea too ;)

We do silly stuff to ourselves don't we. All in the name of fun really

mrs. ott September 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

you know come to think of it, not many things go well with irish coffees. just more irish coffees. maybe chocolate.