julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009

These moments.

IMG_9714

This city inspires me in so many ways. Where do I start?

***

Yesterday I was interviewed for an article about i live here:SF. I'll be more specific next week, but suffice to say, it was a heady experience. Not because I was talking about me, but because of something that's become so big and personally important in my life, and to trace the threads of what has happened that has brought me to sit in a Hayes Valley cafe 6 months later, across from a reporter with a notebook and recorder, sipping a cup of hot chai.

Above is a photo of Mariana. And her love story. I feel so honored how people share with me. And in sharing with me, they share with you, too.


ps.: The show at Tedda Hughes is going really well. People keep buying and I keep replacing. So stop by if you can. The show will be up until Sept. 20.

9 comments:

An Open Heart September 10, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Congratulations, you deserve the attention! Your work is amazing and your spirit attracts all kinds of magic! I can't wait to hear about the article.

Peace
;o)
s

Camels & Chocolate September 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Pretty, pretty picture! I love her story, too.

And I have to say this is such a fun story (and interview!) to work on--I love writing pieces about people and things I'm actually passionate about...it's such a nice break from commercial travel =)

SO happy your shows going well. I'm going to try to stop by Tedda's this afternoon.

xx

LoisW September 10, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Congratulations! Keep us informed!

Brad September 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Congratulations!!!

Just Jules September 10, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

finally - someone is interviewing you! we told you this would happen, and I couldn't be happier.

Marilyn Miller September 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Loved Mariana's story and pictures. You are doing an incredible job. I wish I was close enough to see your show. Congratulations on the interview too! Wow~

AphotoAday September 11, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Am really happy to hear that you are selling well at Tedda Hughes... Especially in an economy like this...

Love the Mariana shoot... I've got to unearth my Flickr password so I can leave a few comments here and there on your Flickr collections...

Mary-Laure September 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

I'm happy to hear the show is going well. It's a much deserved success!

Relyn Lawson September 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

So excited for you!!