julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, February 2, 2009

I need to borrow your bathrobe, STAT

If it's cotton terry, hunter green (or even olive), with a hood (and it has to be long, no monogram), I need to borrow your robe for Saturday night.

I already have the red pageboy wig with bangs. All is need is the robe.

And I can't find any bathrobes (men's or women's) in this city of 750,000 people. Funny, you can buy a bong in any freaking color of the rainbow on practically any given block in town, but where's a goddamn hunter green terrycloth bathrobe with a hood when you need one?

Nowhere, that's where. Did bathrobes all of a sudden become terribly passé and I just found out about it?

Trust me, I looked everywhere today. And this is very important.

I won't get makeup or perfume on your robe. I am only wearing it to go bowling.

And if you really think you know me, then you've already figured out why.

***

ps.: Back in the day before the craziness started (this morning, I don't know what the reason was last week), Modern Tanguera turned in a fabulous interview and I totally spaced on telling you about it. But you should read her interview. She's mucho cool.

I'm sorry, MT. I didn't mean to space on you like that! xoxo

7 comments:

Just Jules February 2, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

I spit out my coffee reading this (I really have to stop drinking and reading!) How funny!

Oh where is the Big L when you need a bathrobe? I have several around here, none hooded though - that will be a tough call! I would send mine or dearests but I fear the shipping would be ridiculous!

I am sure you scavenged goodwill type places too?

Of course you did.

ModernTanguera February 2, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

A bathrobe, a page boy wig and bowling can only mean one thing, Maude! ;)

Actually, my Very Favorite Leader was just looking for a bathrobe recently and had the same problem. And he would have settled on any color as long as it was a terrycloth robe! Weird, huh?

And no worries, I wasn't worried about something as little as a link!

shabby girl February 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

We recently went on a search for a bathrobe for Hubby, as he is going in for surgery. The only time you seem to be able to find a robe is Christmas. Amazing.
I have a terrycloth robe, no hood, but it's pink with flowers. Used to be a really pretty lilac until I bleached it. I bleach everything. :) If you need it, it's yours.

Char February 2, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

could you dye one? check with a hotel...maybe?

Char February 2, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

don't forget the green toenail polish

Laura Doyle February 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

I really don't have any idea why you need a bathrobe but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Very mysterious....

In sort of related news, I hunted for fishnet stockings in every viable shop in my town on Saturday. No dice. Also...no tights in anything other than black. Well...I skipped Walmart but you know how I'd rather slide down a fifty foot razor blade than patronize that place. I bet the tights and the fishnets are there though. Probably your bathrobe too.

Sandra February 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

I have it but I live a little bit west of Minneapolis, so I guess that won't work. And it has a few holes.