julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our next child will be named Santonio Holmes

I've never seen The Boy like this. He looks like he narrowly escaped death by getting run over by a Greyhound bus driven by Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals. The Boy was really green around the gills for a while. I'm not from Pittsburgh, so I didn't really have a preference. I am totally impartial because my favorite team died long ago.

I thought it was crazy exciting there at the end. I called some plays (he always looks amused like how do you know this stuff? you're a girl when I talk about touchbacks and flea flickers-- hey, I might be a girl but I still know my sh*t) but when I said how I thought Arizona could pull it off, I got a look. And then it was like I was a psychic or worse-- putting bad juju on the Steelers.

He's recovering now by calling family in Steel City, and I hear that our next child will be named Santonio. I'm off to cook some red meat now.

(Don't worry... I won't be writing a lot of football posts.)

***

ps.: No joke, congratulations Pittsburgh. I've got a Native Son here who's very relieved but he is ready for you to replace your entire offensive lineup.

6 comments:

Char February 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I'm from the land where college football is king...so, I didn't watch any of it. But I would love just to see a reel of the commercials.

shabby girl February 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

What a great game! Really, it could have gone either way. I'm worn out...

will February 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Next child?

Is your first named Joe Montana Jr.?

Laura Doyle February 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

Heh heh...my thoughts exactly Bill. ; )

I was thinking of you and The Boy last night, Tango...as my husband reverted to his animal self I was wondering if The Boy was doing the same. Can a man be from Pittsburgh and retain his composure in such situations?

christina February 3, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

It has a nice ring to it! ; )

xxoo

Sarah February 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

it was a great game. :) well, save for those folks in arizona that had comcast; i'm sure they think a little bit differently.

have a nice day!

sarah