julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Assistant Quit

Dear Tangobaby,

In light of your recent ranting post, it's obvious that you have plenty of time for silly things and are not concentrating on more pressing issues like sending out all of those prints to the nice people who wanted one, or the Christmas presents that you said are now for Valentine's day.

I am running off to Buenos Aires with Sergio.

See ya!

Sincerely,

Your assistant, Tangobaby jr.

***

She left me a pile of photos with your names and addresses written on hot pink Post-Its, and a big stack of photo mailers. Guess I know what I'll be doing this Free Friday.

And sending out those Christmas/Valentine's Day packages too.

Good help is SO hard to find.

13 comments:

Laura Doyle February 4, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Hey don't sweat it! I think most of us will just be grateful to actually get something exciting in the mail, rather than bills and credit card offers...WHENEVER it comes.

Cynthia Pittmann February 4, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

You are such a tease, tangobaby. (I still want my pretty photo print!) xx

Gabby February 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

The first step in slacker recovery is admitting that you have a problem. I should know.

Photographic Memories February 4, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

This literally made me laugh out loud!

Just Jules February 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

See, if you wouldn't have reminded us, I bet 1/2 of us (like myself) have already forgotten. But, now that you reminded us ;)

p.s. I would love to see a pic from your bowling/bathrobe date coming up - bring your camera!

Char February 4, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

she came to work for me but I fired her....

Holly February 4, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Oh! Oh! Pick me, pick me!

~DokterKenny February 4, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Sounds like someone still has not fully recovered from the Staycation!

Relyn Lawson February 4, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

I think it's an epidemic. My assistant quit on me long ago. Maybe it has something to do with those birthday presents and thank you notes I still haven't sent?

A Cuban In London February 5, 2009 at 2:42 AM  

Was she unionised? If she was, she'll probably be talking to a lawyer now. Better to get all that merchandise out of the way pronto. Many thanks for such a fun post.

Greetings from London.

Sarah February 5, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Ha! Well, unemployment is out of the question at least. :)

I'll do it! I'm helpful and I wear great shoes; what more is there!?!? :)

Sarah

Yoli February 5, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

I could step in at a moment's notice! Lead me to the tango office, no need to take the tour of the place, I am well acquainted with the posh facilities. Where is my package? I can't start work without my package. I need something fascinating to look at while lounging around with Errol.

HNN February 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Haha! HNN would love to collaborate. East coast meets west?